Night Scene, Muaaz Tello (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Night Scene, Muaaz Tello (3D)

Title: Night Scene
Name: Muaaz Tello
Software: Maya

hello everyone, it has been a long time since my last posts!

i just finished this night scene and i am glad to share it with u, the most difficult part was the effect of the light coming from the room throwout the window into the night,
plz give me feedback, thanks for advice,

btw, this image was rendered with turtle for maya, if you would like to know more about turtle i would be glad to share information,

sorry for my bad english ;)

here is the modified version with enhance textures and lighting:

how about some daylight, not bad is it?

which one did u like most?

Last edited by black swan : 08 August 2004 at 10:27 PM.

Old 08 August 2004   #2
still not commented?

nice night scene, good job

http://www.napalmdesign.tk

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Hey man, I like your image, but I think you could improve the atmosphere of your scene if you put less intense the internal light, with a little of volume light passing throught the curtain, and a little less intense the external light too to apear more night in a place without external light, iluminated only by the moon light.

Old 08 August 2004   #4
I like the image quite a bit. But I think the inner-room light could be more yellowish in addition to adjusting the intensity. It'll strengthen the composition I think....

Angel

Old 08 August 2004   #5
i realy love it. congrats.

Old 08 August 2004   #6
I agree that the window light should be more yellow.

It's a challenge to convey the lack of light (night) while using lights so that the image is an actual image, not just black (the true lack of light). I think you are definatly on the right track.

I would also look at upping the contrast in some areas.

Old 08 August 2004   #7
well, thank u so much guys, your advice was a great help!

yes i agree that the window light should be less intense with a little bit more yellowish,
and yeah JR.BRAZ here is the volume light u asked for!
here is the modified version... the textures have been enhanced too, this one was rendered using mentel ray, the original image before crop was 1200 900 and it took 21 minutes,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg night.jpg (97.5 KB, 37 views)

Old 08 August 2004   #8
Hey man, this version is very good. Too much better than the first.

Old 08 August 2004   #9
I keep expecting someones eyes to pop out from that window. Good job on the revision.

Old 08 August 2004   #10
well, thanks again JR.BRAZ, this version is better because of your help and the other guys, thanks to Moonlit Matt too,
i have just edited my first post here and added some new pics, plz take a look,
enjoy...

Old 08 August 2004   #11
The new daylight scene is pretty cool. The lighting is spot on I think. The depth of field bugs me a bit, I can't quite figure out why though. Maybe I'm just weird (weird-er than normal today.) To get picky, I also think that much of the scene is too clean. There are lots of great details, and nothing is perfect (in the good way, as in it looks real). There are defects, little cracks, old wood, everywhere, which is GREAT. But I think the areas where objects meet, where there might be more dirt, are too clean. Like where the structure touches the ground, also where the bucket is sitting on the ground, I would add a bunch more dirt. Something that adds to teh age and usage of the objects.

I hope that makes sense. =P

If I may ask, how did you set up the lights/render for the daylight scene, it looks great!

Old 08 August 2004   #12
Great work!

I llove the 2nd one

Old 08 August 2004   #13
Nice expresions of moods in different times

Old 08 August 2004   #14
Originally Posted by Moonlit Matt:
If I may ask, how did you set up the lights/render for the daylight scene, it looks great!

well i am glad u like it, i guess u knew the first part, yeah it was a spot light with a high intensity level and a light yellowish color to represent the sun, but the trick was when i used the image based lighting utility that comes with mental ray, the setup was simple though, i didint use any HDRI image! i just switched to texture mode and a bright blue color was added then i decreased the intensity by lowirng the color gain into dark gray, and that made up somethin similar to skylight,
and that's it!

Old 08 August 2004   #15
Nice, but check your shadows in the 2nd and the 3rd image. The difference between "drakness" and "brightness" is the same. The moon doesn't bright like this, even full moon. In night view, your shadows should be more diffuse.
In the night view, the sky looks more like a cosmic one than a sky viewed from earth.

Thread Closed share thread