Absolut Vodka, T.frog (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Absolut Vodka, T.frog (3D)

Title: Absolut Vodka
Name: T.frog
Software: Maya/mental Ray/realflow

Come on! Have a drink together! done in maya,render in mentalray.Please give some suggestions!
MSN:ganggang917@hotmaul.com
E-mail:t.frog@sohu.com

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Nice work

What can I say. It looks great!

How did you do the pouring vodka?

Old 08 August 2004   #3
it looks very very real!!

and yes how did you do the pouring vodka?

Old 08 August 2004   #4
looks great

Old 08 August 2004   #5
Very good looking, I must say.
I have no idea how the imported bottle looks, since I am used to the swedish one, but everything looks as it should except I am used to seeing the text in swedish =)
Looks just like an ad.

Perhaps it would look good if there were some drops of the vodka on the inside "walls" of the glass. Since I think it would splash a little. Anyway, looks great!

Old 08 August 2004   #6
wow ! !super man ! ! it's you !! great rendering !

Old 08 August 2004   #7
while the rendering looks very good im not sure about the bottle. i think the proportions are wrong - and it's very important with absolut - very specific. most of their branding is done around this shape.

just my 2 cents...

your pain in the a-s-s.

Old 08 August 2004   #8
How long did that realflow sim take you? Heh heh, I bet it drove you nuts huh? Looks good though. Is that all realflow or did you tweak it?

Old 08 August 2004   #9
very nice render! the liquid looks especially great. kinda reminds me of one of the expose2 images.

Old 08 August 2004   #10
Originally Posted by fasth: Very good looking, I must say.
I have no idea how the imported bottle looks, since I am used to the swedish one, but everything looks as it should except I am used to seeing the text in swedish =)
Looks just like an ad.

Perhaps it would look good if there were some drops of the vodka on the inside "walls" of the glass. Since I think it would splash a little. Anyway, looks great!

Your insight is good! The text has been change by me. The original text are not like this .but,I am unable to obtain the original text, so.....

Old 08 August 2004   #11
Originally Posted by blacknoise: while the rendering looks very good im not sure about the bottle. i think the proportions are wrong - and it's very important with absolut - very specific. most of their branding is done around this shape.

just my 2 cents...

your pain in the a-s-s.

Your view is very reasonable .thanks!

Old 08 August 2004   #12
Talking :)

thanks everybody!

Old 08 August 2004   #13
We like Absolut. Yes. Absolut and caffeine (not at the same time, though). That's all we need...

I think it would look better if you split the image in two, though. One with just the bottle, and the other with the glass being poured. Having two bottles in one shot just looks... weird.

Comparing it with my own bottle (I try to keep one at arm's length at all times when I'm at my desk), it does look like the proportions are just a bit off, as someone else already pointed out.

Old 08 August 2004   #14
Originally Posted by The Electric Monk: We like Absolut. Yes. Absolut and caffeine (not at the same time, though). That's all we need...

I think it would look better if you split the image in two, though. One with just the bottle, and the other with the glass being poured. Having two bottles in one shot just looks... weird.

Thanks for your great comments

Old 08 August 2004   #15
well done!

Thread Closed share thread