Mechanical Gnat, Melak (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #16
Unhappy

You should defenitely work on the surroundings. The wood doesn't look anywhere near as good as the rest.

Old 08 August 2004   #17
the detail here is beautiful. Front page, Front Page!!!

Old 08 August 2004   #18

Holy sh!t man. Incredible detail.

Old 08 August 2004   #19
Originally Posted by Jeroen: amazing, how did you texture it with all that detail?

I have used about 35 kinds of procedural textures and each of the materials consists of more layers. I used mainly the following gradiens Type : Bump , Slope , Light Incidence

Old 08 August 2004   #20
Originally Posted by seger: You should defenitely work on the surroundings. The wood doesn't look anywhere near as good as the rest.

My original plan as a surrounding was that the gnat would be fixed with needle on a board as a part of an insect collection with the title " Mechanical Gnat". But I was lazy to modell the needle and the titleboard.

Old 08 August 2004   #21
Follow Through, Please.

Wow. Crazy detail in that model. A man after my own heart. At 2.5 million polys, though, you've probably limited yourself to beauty-renders alone.

Originally Posted by melak: My original plan as a surrounding was that the gnat would be fixed with needle on a board as a part of an insect collection with the title " Mechanical Gnat". But I was lazy to modell the needle and the titleboard.
After putting such insane amounts of detail into the gnat model itself, you should try to find a few moments to follow through on your original environment plans. I think it would showcase your model better than the plain wood surface. It would be cool to see the metal carapace dented or torn by the needle puncture as well.

Keep up the good work.

Old 08 August 2004   #22
Good lord, is ALL of that detail in the model itself, or is some of it from the textures? It's insane either way, but I'd like to see a flat-shaded version.

Old 08 August 2004   #23
OMG so much detail... I agree that a better background would make this Front Page

and only 60 hours of modeling ... great work and very impressive

Old 08 August 2004   #24
Beautifully detailed work..Great textures!! Did you enter it into the competiton?-I dont remember seeing it on d21..but I should if it was there!!
Keep up the good work..

Old 08 August 2004   #25
*is stunned* OMG this is like the most detailed model I've ever seen... It rocks dude, just

Old 08 August 2004   #26
Originally Posted by impulseone: Beautifully detailed work..Great textures!! Did you enter it into the competiton?-I dont remember seeing it on d21..but I should if it was there!!
Keep up the good work..

I entered but with a different texture.
I hope this helps you to remember.
You can check it here:

Old 08 August 2004   #27
Cool

I am a new comer. Nice to see ur works.
I think the lighting and texture are fantastic.
It's just like a real stuff.
I love it!

Old 08 August 2004   #28
I am a real beginnen with textures, what is the advantage of using more then 1 texture on the same part?

Old 08 August 2004   #29
Originally Posted by Jeroen: I am a real beginnen with textures, what is the advantage of using more then 1 texture on the same part?

The advantage is that you can represent a wide scope of surfaces with very few textures.

Old 08 August 2004   #30
Hi guys!
I worked a lot on this model, and I would like to ask from those people, who gave rate 1, what to correct on the model?
Thanks for your help.

Thread Closed share thread