Vehicle: Tacked, Huge Buggy, Daltonmonai (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Vehicle: Tacked, Huge Buggy, Daltonmonai (3D)

Title: Vehicle: Tacked, Huge Buggy
Name: Daltonmonai
Software: Cinema 8.5 Studiobundle

it's a flexible vehicle, that can drive on most of topics. in the middle is a big sort of container you can use for all kind of stuff.

I had no chance to get the same motion-blur effect on the rear tracs like tho one on the front tracs. shit happens.

-Dust is pyrocluster
-Landscape was formed in terragen and imported to cinema as a grayscale-relief.
-Sky also made in terragen and used for radiosity

Yep... that's it.
Please say me what i could make better

Old 08 August 2004   #2
People hi,

Would like to know if my pisture is too bad to make comments or if it is such outstanding, that there are no need to make crits. ;-)

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Thumbs up

Hy Daltonmonaie

I like the Look of this vehicle, it seems very detailed and well done, unfortunatley (IMO) the perspective is doing more "visual confusion" than pushing the vehicle into focus.

As far as I can see of the modeling, it's very well done and the texturing looks smooth and well aged/dirty, really nice!

I guess adding some DOF to the scenery (to put the focus on the vehicle and away from the sharp sky-landscape-borderline) will add more realsim to your good work.
The sand could need a overwork. I can't point at it exactly, but somethings disturbing me in the look of it.

But enough of critics, just keep that work up it's a very nice concept as far as I can see the only things to polish are the Shaders and Illumination.

Keep it up!

btw, what about some more views ev. a close up of some parts of the model?

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Cool vehicle! Something about the environment/lighting doesnt seem quite right. I think its the colours/texture on the ground. And the shadows seem wierd, as if the sun is shining from boths sides of the picture.

Old 08 August 2004   #5
What strikes me most is the tread texture, looks like you wanted to add motion blur, instead you got cheap low res texture look, you should fix that, ground needs more work too, and the background is quite dull, overall not bad, i can see good work on the vehicles, but still needs some tweaking.

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread