Character Bloodrayne, Poju (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Character Bloodrayne, Poju (3D)

Title: Character Bloodrayne
Name: Poju
Software: Blender

This started in challenge here CGTalk, but i've made it over few times. Now i'm pretty happy with result.

My best char for now. Any crit is welcome.

08 August 2004
Thumbs up Beautiful Work, Poju!

Nice work, Poju!

Good to see some high-quality texturing and modeling from Blender here.

I especially like the skin material: good work.

Was this rendered with Blender's scanline, or Yafray, or elsewhere?

-Bischofftep

08 August 2004
Heya Poju,

Long time no see!!! What can i say about your model, WOW!!! Thats bloody awesome man, it's good to see your still pushing Blenders limits and doing some great work!!!

Matt

08 August 2004
very scary modelllllllll

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

08 August 2004
Thumbs up

good work!
She looks like a character in a game!
love the model.

08 August 2004
Her thigh's are too short, and she looks bo-legged. Other than that, its peach keen!

08 August 2004
looks good but i think the thread is a little too big where the pants have been seawn together.

maybe he didnt????

08 August 2004
Hi Poju,

I really like this character, and I'll try to be really objective in my (first!) post.

Modeling: great character! I dislike the way her mouth is opened, though, as it detracts to her agressive and/or sexy look. Perhaps a faint smile instead? I don't like much the shoes, ever (too bulky, but it's a subjective POV). Legs proportions seem a bit off, but the upper part is nicely done. I love the care given to hair, even if gravity seems to have been fogotten

Pose: I think it deserves a more agressive pose, e.g., slightly crouched (one knee bent and the other leg extended behind) with her arm-swords crossed in front of her, for example. It would be more dramatic, and will enhance the global look of the character.

Lighting/Environment: a more dramatic lighting will be fine, too... Under plain light, the model doesn't work the way it could, I feel. I understand, though, that the topic is about the character, and not the environment or a scene.

My wish: Perhaps could you add a new picture with this model in a dark/decaying environment (a dark cave with tubes and pipes, and dripping water and/or puddles of water, perhaps?) with different pose and lighting for a very dramatic effect. This will solve the two issues I wrote about and that are not really erlated to the character but to the setting.

Cheers,
OlivS

08 August 2004
Thanks everyone!

Bischofftep: Its scanline render. Blender version 2.32

olivS: Wow thats great crit man, thanks. Better pose, lights and scene is coming someday, but i really need to do something else first.

Here is another render(actually i forgot to activate couple texture channels in first pic)

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/788/BloodRayne2.jpg

09 September 2004
Not sure what to think on this one? I really like the pants and the textures , but the proportions and hip displasia really take from this model. I must say that I was strangly pulled into this link by the raw slutty evil mood on this one. well those are my only crits, GOOD WORK.

08 August 2005
Very cool sexy-frightful character.Nice work.

09 September 2005
nice attempt but shes out of proportion, the heads too big and legs look abit weird, she looks more like a comic version of bloodrayne then the original other then that great attempt

www.sinisterstudios.com.au

09 September 2005
Thanks

It's bit old render, but learned a lot of it.
I like things bit cartoony and funny.

Anyway if u like here is link to my latest wip.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=233579 (NUDITY)

Haven't worked with it lately, but someday when i have time i will.....

09 September 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread