Hanuman:indian Monkey God(animation), Vivek Ram (Animation)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Hanuman:indian Monkey God(animation), Vivek Ram (Animation)

Title: Hanuman:indian Monkey God(animation)
Name: Vivek Ram
Software: 3dsmax5

this a character based animation that i have been workin on for quite a while now.....the character is the indian god of strength "hanuman"..also known as Baahubali..for more info on the character u can go to...
http://www.hinduism.co.za/hanuman.htm
this aniamtion is a part of my finaldemo reel....(atleast four more animations to be added after this)...this is my first complete animation though i have been doin 3d for a long time now.....anyways..hope u guys like it,.....u can find the animation on the animation>>2004 page of my site...the image is a clip from the animation.......lemme know what u think...thanks:)

>> Hi resolution image <<

Website

08 August 2004
the work seems 2 b really good... but ur site isn't opening!! can i see a wireframe ! where r u in india? even im from India too... im really proud 2 c an indian post his work.. gud luck man!!

08 August 2004
i likes it! nice pose. i think maybe the tail is a little overkill. nice job on the grass!

08 August 2004
vivek., nice to see hanuman here!! where is the animation???
where u from?

08 August 2004
Rammi: hey man..thanks a lot.....i just checked the link....it seems fine...try again man.....heres the link...
http://cloud.prohosting.com/vivekr

Markski: hey there.....thanks....well the tail has its reasons....this god was known to be lion tailed and the tail itself had immeasurable strength.....thanks though

k4k:..thanks dude..

well..i'm an indian artist from pune....currently unemployed though yet to graduate...

heres a direct link to the animation since i have had a few complaints on the link...

http://cloud.prohosting.com/vivekr/...n/baahubali.avi

its a 25 mb file in divx format.....
and u might need to use a download accelerator to download it cos of server issues...thanks all....hope to hear more reviews

Website

08 August 2004
http://www.phantom-works.com/monkeygod/baahubali.avi

u can find the animation here if the other link doesnt work.....thanks to my friend Mwuahaha....

Website

08 August 2004
wow...looks like no one in here wants to see a 25 meg indian animation!!....would love to hear some reviews guys!!..coz this is my first major post here...

Website

08 August 2004
Dead Link

BOth the links dont work ???

08 August 2004
hey canndis......did u try both links??.....coz one of them outta work....coz they both still seem to work from my end and a few others have also been able to download them....i'll try and see what the problem is from my end....but do keep tryin...coz it just might be a temporary server glitch.....cheers

Website

08 August 2004
LInks dont work

Hey i have been trying to check your work ... cannot go into ur website and not able to download the video too.. . the pic in the avatar looks good ... may be you can post ur work in the Finished work forum..

08 August 2004
Well that was ultra cool indeed.
Now make him talk and fight.....
Effects on clothes and grass was also good...
keep it up !!

08 August 2004
hey canndis....really not sure why the links dont work on ur side..coz i have been gettin replies from ppl who have been able to download....well all i can say is...try a "save target as" on the "phantom-works" link..hope it works......will put up some stills of the character as soon as possible.......thanks

thanks a lot Psan....means a lot......will try and have an another animation of him soon in a fight with my next character...so stay tuned

Website

08 August 2004
Cool Saving the best for last??

Hey!
Great work on the texturing and modelling! Also, I really liked your character design, although I would second the previous note that the tail may be a bit overkill. My biggest crit however is that you put the worst part of your reel at the beginning. No offense or anything, but the animation at the beginning was sub-par as his feet were slipping, joints popping, and it really had no point to it. I assume from your work that you're more interested in modelling and texturing, so I'd focus on that, and maybe get someone who specializes in animation to help you out. The reason I say this is that when I watched your reel the animation, and rendering of the first part really turned me off. However, I waited it out and was much more impressed by the second half. If I were you I would ditch the dreamy grass scene, and just do some standard weighting tests, and simple pose to pose animation using the lighting/rendering technique you used for your turnarounds. It might just be me, but the stills looked far better as they actually showcased both your modelling and texturing abilities, while the animation detracted from it. You did a great job of modelling and texturing, so show it off!!
Well, I think I've rambled on long enough now. Hope this helps and doesn't offend.

Cheers!
Rob

08 August 2004
Great work

I really love your monkey king. I cannot view the animation here, but when I get home I will definately take a look at it. I really love your work. So you do this for a living or a hobby? Well great work, and intriguing character. I would love to see more animation from you and more characters.

Keep it up. its great to see what our friends in India are doing, and you are definately showing that!!!

What do you model in?

08 August 2004
lodermotor : hey....havent taken offense man...thanks a lot actually....to have pointed out my flaws....coz now i have chance to improve....actually no ones mentioned anythin bout the second half till now and liked the first....and i was of the opinion too that the first part was better......but its good to gain some perspective....would like to know where all i screwed up so i can fix it in my next project...coz frankly till now i thought i sucked at texturing...but u've said otherwsie....anyways...would like to hear more from u...thanks a lot.

Flog : thanks a lot flog.....hope u get to see the animation soon.....i've been freeancin for a while...small scale....but do plan to go into this professionally in june next yr when i finish my grad...there will be more animation comin from my side in the coming months......i work on 3dsmax...althoughi plan to do my next project in maya......btw....u indian??....where u from and where are u now??.....cya soon....thanks...bye

Website

Thread Closed share thread