Architecture Viz, Giorgio Adolfo Krenkel (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Architecture Viz, Giorgio Adolfo Krenkel (3D)

Title: Architecture Viz
Name: Giorgio Adolfo Krenkel
Software: Maya 6 Mentalray

A typical Architecture Daylight Visualization.
Testing the perspective of the house in a daylight.Using FG 1000 Rays,min/max 0, GI 1000, Global Illum Accuracy, Radius 3.1 Spotlight for the sun emmiting 10000 photons, 2 pointo lights converted to Mentalray area lights, with a spherical projection, emitting 10000 photons each.IBL for the environment, using a texture projection (no HDRI).

Bucket Watcher

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Hey, Great Render

Hello SlipKnot66,

Well, overall, the rendering of the house looks very photorealistic. The intensity of the sunlight on the house looks fine, not too bright. But I feel that the door of the house has an unnatural reddish color. Maybe you'd like to consider sticking with the traditional brown wood grain. Either a light or a dark brown. I love the way the reflections on the windows look, reflecting the plants on the driveway. However, the road leading to the house (where the car is) looks a tad too shiny. Even in strong sunlight, road pavements in reality do not usually have that glossy, shiny look. Although sometimes, the pavement would have tiny specs of shiny silica that do reflect in the sunlight. Also, to make the render more realistic, u could also add some heat evaporation (blurring) effects on the pavement to show that it's giving off heat from the sun. Maybe you could post different angles of the house so I could see the other aspects of your house. Overall, I'd like to congradulate you on a very realistic still render.

Btw, I would also welcome some feedback from you on the 3D virtual condo I'm currently doing (Maya 6.0). Here's the url : http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A2AE5A39F57&cb=PA

U could also send me a private message to keep in touch. Good luck on your future modeling endeavors!

Old 08 August 2004   #3
looks great so far! IMO a nice background pic would do well. maybe a little more texture on the house. most of the flora looks nice. and the car looks super-realistic-like.

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Thanks for all the comments, i changed a few things, here is a direct link to the new image
http://img29.exs.cx/img29/227/WIP-HouseMR4.jpg

Bucket Watcher

Old 08 August 2004   #5
I love it! The composition might benefit from some organic elements, such as subtle, honest grime and natural chaos. Some leaves caught along the edge where the driveway and grass yard meet, a couple stray strands in the vegetation around the walls of the house, some clouds, etc.

Old 07 July 2005   #6
Wow nice enviroment,nice house,nice car.
I like light and colors of this scene.

Old 07 July 2005   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread