Ernie, Chris Colibaba (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #16
Hey pugs, thanks for the reply.
Though I would add some close ups of my latest pose.

I also have a run cycle I have been working on. Let me know what you think.
ErnieRun <--Right click and save as so you can loop it

Old 08 August 2004   #17
very nice improvement...much better than before,even tho i think you need to tweak more the shader of his skinn.Did you work with maya right?well then i advice you to create a backlight shader (Emmanuel Campin on Highend3d) which is also used by steven Stahlberg (you know the master of maya here in cgtalk )for creating his famous skin shader

Old 08 August 2004   #18
Hey Profane, I am actually using XSI 4 and dont know much about Maya... do you have any suggestions on how to get the same effect in XSI?
Thanks for the comment.

Old 08 August 2004   #19
haha, i love the run cycle, its awesome. the only thing is to me it seems like hes too old to run like that, i was excpecting more of a hobble/stumble with some wheezing. good work though, its awesome.

Old 08 August 2004   #20
hey chris its looking good , i like your animation as well , you have some talent there man , im not sure about how close your gonna cut in on his face for your demo but i think the textre lacks some detail that i would expect on this character , he needs some more wrinkles/deeper pores/spots/blemishes anything to make him look a bit more aged , also give him some fingernails and yellow them up a bit, its coming along well man , good luck

oh and im not sure but , your bump map looks inverted the wrong way , your pores bump out instead of in...maybe its my eyes ....

Last edited by rayfusion : 08 August 2004 at 07:40 PM.

Old 08 August 2004   #21
I really thought you were a maya user!!never mind....Actually I don't know anything about XSI,except that it has a lot mental ray shaders...even 'cooler' than the ones maya have got...I advice you to do a quick search in the softimage forum for some skin shader (maybe an SSS shader...or whatever you feel you need to work with)....

could you post a wireframe of your work?if you don't mind I'd like to see how XSi look when working with a character....thanks....

Old 08 August 2004   #22
Ninjaboy, I was actually just trying to do a generic run... it was my first attempt at a run cycle. Next time Im going to make him more gibbled. I actually almost have a old gibbled walk cycle done.

Rayfusion, havent talked to you ina long time man. Thanks for the crits. At this time I think my main focus has to be on animation since I just have one more semester after this. Those are some good ideas, but I dont think I will get around to them for a while. I am definatley glad I spent the time to make the hair look better....the tooth paste thing just wasnt workin'

Old 08 August 2004   #23
Hey Profane, Ill have to look for those shaders. Here are some wire frames.

Old 08 August 2004   #24
very nice indeed....I see also a clean topology...

Old 01 January 2006   #25
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread