MechWarrior: Mad Cat, Chris Lovell (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
MechWarrior: Mad Cat, Chris Lovell (3D)

Title: MechWarrior: Mad Cat
Name: Chris Lovell
Software: Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush

This was a project I originally started a long while back as an exercise to improve my skills in modelling within Maya. However, due to work commitments and other priorities I have only recently managed to re-visit and complete the project.

Modelled in Maya, rendered with Zbrush and post work done in Photoshop.

Critique and comments are appreciated! :)

05 May 2013
Lovely work and nice to see the interior! I'm a huge fan of the Mechwarrior games and you did a nice job!

One minor crit though, due to your camera hight and narrow lens the Mech looks really small and toy like at the moment. So I don't know if you were going for that?

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

05 May 2013
Thanks for the input! I'm glad you appreciate it. I struggled to find an angle that I really liked (which gave it the more dynamic view with intimidating size that I really wanted) without loosing a lot of details from either side. In the end I chose to side with the current one so a sense of placement of the internals could be seen.

I had to sacrifice the sense of scale as you rightly pointed out which I was disappointed about.

I've got some occlusion renders I'll put up first thing, which I've been meaning to add on to the post. There's a lot of detail inside that I couldn't show through one shot alone...I may well have to revisit it again soon

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread