Armor of might - updated, David Aguero (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Armor of might - updated, David Aguero (3D)

Title: Armor of might - updated
Name: David Aguero
Software: Lightwave 3D, Photoshop

This is an update from my previous work, I add some deph to field, fotographic tint and dust in the volumetric, I desaturated a little too

all made in Lightwave, the moss is generated by the new instances system.

thanks to Bernardo Pichardo for his advice!

detail:

wire

Greetings, David
vimeo channel

04 April 2013
Superb David, as a lightwave user myself very well done indeed. My only small crit would be to tone down the CA a bit, it's little too distracting from an otherwise lovely piece.

04 April 2013
Very nice, love the atmopsphere, nice lightning. The sword seem a bit to perfect to me, perhaps some wear and tear, rust, old blod or moss would make it more in line with the rest.

04 April 2013
wow. love every aspect of it.

05 May 2013
Very nice lighting and colors. Is it a choice that there is no moss on the Sword ? Anyway, great job !
[edit] sorry, I haven't read the previous comment on sword and moss. I agree with it [/edit]

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by Mellwing: Very nice, love the atmopsphere, nice lightning. The sword seem a bit to perfect to me, perhaps some wear and tear, rust, old blod or moss would make it more in line with the rest.

my first intention with the sword and the shield was that they look like new, as if they were magical, but you are right, a bit of dirt is needed and the bloom can be the thing that make it distinctive.

Originally Posted by Numptus1: Superb David, as a lightwave user myself very well done indeed. My only small crit would be to tone down the CA a bit, it's little too distracting from an otherwise lovely piece.

what are you referring with CA?

thanks for all the comment, much appreciated

05 May 2013
Quote: my first intention with the sword and the shield was that they look like new, as if they were magical, but you are right, a bit of dirt is needed and the bloom can be the thing that make it distinctive.

i like the idea of a magical sword and sheild, making them unique. good work.

05 May 2013
Incredible fairytale picture! I love lighting and details!

05 May 2013
Superb job David!

I don't have anything to criticize, everything looks exactly as the idea you wanted to achieve, not even the dust and fungus can grow/touch that magical sword!

Muy buen laburo viejo!

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread