The Tenth Race, David Aguero (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
The Tenth Race, David Aguero (3D)

Title: The Tenth Race
Name: David Aguero
Software: Lightwave 3D Photoshop
Submitted: 23rd January 2013

A team of archaeologists make a shocking discovery, a strange signal came from an uknow artifac.

another species is found near the artifact, is the owner? another explorer?

funstuff

search the ten signs, there are 10 :)

the cgsociety challenge lasted 60 days, I worked on this piece two and a half hours every day before I go to my actual work (except weekends).
This is my first complete 3d work, allways doing test or some one else work, I take this oportunity to do the thing I like the most, fantasy concept art.

is pure 100% lightwave, 99% procedural textures, fog and clouds with hipervoxels
render time aprox. 3hs(3200x1800) 12 antialias, 0.01 AS
raytrace shadows, reflections, refractions, transparency on, radiosity on
minor color correction in photoshop, bloom, and flares

greetings, David
vimeo channel

01 January 2013
great scene, I feel the horizon is a little flat, would be nice to have some interesting mountains in the backdrop

01 January 2013
Interesting idea and good scene overall but lack of composition (many details but no point of focus on).

01 January 2013
how many polygons are in these scene?

01 January 2013
Crazy amount of work brother!

01 January 2013
Looks great, I agree that the composition could use some work though. There is a lot happening in the scene without much of a focal point.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by liquidminduk: great scene, I feel the horizon is a little flat, would be nice to have some interesting mountains in the backdrop

Agree, my initial idea was to add some mountains, but I ran out of time for the challenge's deadline, Thanks!

Originally Posted by yuriki: Interesting idea and good scene overall but lack of composition (many details but no point of focus on).

that was on purpose, it was planned for the challenge, the idea is to search and find the "ten" in every corner of the piece, ten ten to find, like Where's Wally thanks for comment!

Originally Posted by bpx: how many polygons are in these scene?

the amount of polys are difficult to say, all the models are low poly, the ground have some displacement and the level subdivision is high, the mountain has a similar setup, I also use instances for the rocks, the foreground only, while rendering give me a poly count of 2.997.269

Originally Posted by rafajija: Crazy amount of work brother!

I appreciate your comments, great style on your work!

Originally Posted by jtraylor: Looks great, I agree that the composition could use some work though. There is a lot happening in the scene without much of a focal point.

thanks for your comments!

Greetings, David

02 February 2013
I leave the grand spoiler!!! don't wach it!

ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
ll
v

greetings, David

02 February 2013
Thumbs up

So cool.
Love the design of the big building thing on the right

02 February 2013
nice! i just miss the one in the stars, great job david, hope you win!

03 March 2013
Thumbs up

Brilliant work! Saw this on the lightwave site...would work great as a two page spread or centerfold for their newsletter. I disagree on the comments about a lack of focus regardless of the number 10 search idea, your vast layout of information lends well to the landscape composition, good control and use of Hypervoxels as well. Ship and building designs work well and your use of warm tones make the blue pop off the screen, excellent.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread