Female Cleric, Arno Schmitz (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Female Cleric, Arno Schmitz (3D)

Title: Female Cleric
Name: Arno Schmitz
Software: Maya, mental ray, Mudbox, Photoshop

This is the first completed project after graduation. I started working on this right after finishing my previous character the asian mage. But went a year abroad to study fine arts. Now I finally had time to revisit and finish this piece, applying many lessons learned from the classical arts.

The overall workflow was very standard. I made a basemesh in maya, detailed it in a sculpting package ( in this case Mudbox ) and baked the result to a lower poly model. Texturing was done in Photoshop, Mudbox was used for projection painting. Rendering was completely done in Mental ray. Post effects such as the rays and atmosphere where applied in Photoshop.

The idea was to create fantasy character that could exist in the same world as my previous character, only representing a different culture, religion and personality.

01 January 2013
There is something attractive in this picture.

01 January 2013
I love fantasy!
really nice character! and the lights effects are really good ^^

01 January 2013
this is awesome, love your work. I would also love to see more from this piece.

01 January 2013
Love the cleric. Quick question, what is the mental ray program?

01 January 2013
Thanks to you all,

Shadowtrixz, because you asked I have uploaded some more images. Below the wireframe. As you can see she is not that high-poly as you might expect. No extra subdivisions, smoothing or displacement was used all the extra detail comes purely from the normal map.

Also a close-up of the cross. There is so many detail in it that the wide shot doesn't really do it justed. All the little decorative things on the side are modeled in.

reverseengineering, Mental ray is the renderer I used for this image. It comes with Maya. Eventhough there are some amazing renders made in with other products, such as Vray, Arnold or Renderman, Mental ray has always got the job done for me personally.

01 January 2013
Smile Hi~ArnoZ!

Looks really good...!!!
I love your style.
Gorgeous!

01 January 2013
Great work. I love the lightning.

02 February 2013
Thank you all for your kind words. Especially comming from you sim4130 your work is top notch

At the moment I have little break from the fantasy characters because I am doing the Hard Surface Character Modelling course by Josh Herman. But I'll be back with more awesome stuff in the future

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread