Mrs. J., Géraldine Wigand-Sanchez (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Mrs. J., Géraldine Wigand-Sanchez (3D)

Title: Mrs. J.
Name: Géraldine Wigand-Sanchez
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, ZBrush

I made this character for my showreel that I am currently working on. It is a fictive woman that resembles my mother.
I used Zbrush for modelling, 3ds Max for rendering with Vray and photoshop. I made the hair with hair&fur modifier and the peach fuzz with vrayfur.
It would be nice to get your comments and feedback!

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Like it, what render engine you used?

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Hello Chokata, glad you like it ! Yes, I forgot to say that I used Vray

Old 01 January 2013   #4
There's a very nice feeling about this person, you've created a sense of personality and life quite well. The hair doesn't look quite right; the strands are too parallel and separated; but I really like the overall impression of the face.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Hello Ben, I'm happy to hear that you can sense a personality and life! I agree, there is something about the hair that bothers me too. If I can find the time, I'll work on it again and will try to fix it. Thank you very much for your critique!

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Very glad you like it chokata Oh yes... I forgot to mention that it was rendered with Vray.

Old 01 January 2013   #7
There is a nice warm sensitive feel to her gaze and overall appearence.
You can improve the lighting by adding a bluish rim light on the right. Just a soft tad to accentuate
the lower parts of her right chin and the right parts of the sweater. Right now the sweater looks a bit blocky though. Presumably you wanted to guide the viewers attention to her face and leave the other parts as they are. But the sweater takes some space in the image. The hair was mentioned before.

Nice sss and eyes!
Good work!

Tolle Arbeit!

Thomas

Old 01 January 2013   #8
Thank you Thomas! I will try to fix the hair and also add the rim light you mentioned. I actually made 3 different shirts, so maybe I'll just switch to another one when I render it again or try a different material, you're right, it looks very thick. Thanks for the helpful tips

Old 01 January 2013   #9
Nice hairs!
Good skin shader.
Excellent eyes!
But skin and cloth not very realistic.

Old 01 January 2013   #10
Thank you for your critique yuriki! Can you tell me what you don't like about the skin, so I can eventually fix it.

Old 01 January 2013   #11
Face have roughly three zones of greasiness. These zones have different amount of specular. For example nose and forehead are the most greasiness zones.

Old 01 January 2013   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread