Female Portrait Study, Harin Hirani (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Female Portrait Study, Harin Hirani (3D)

Title: Female Portrait Study
Name: Harin Hirani
Software: Maya, mental ray, Mudbox

Alternative render to the one I posted few weeks back. Wanted this one to feel a lot more closer to the subject and engaging. 1 keylight setup. Apologies for the neutral pose! I will try and do a posed one at some point when I get the chance but for now I wanted to share this alternative render.

Its a model that was initially created for a job here at Finish that I decided to work up during my spare time and to use it as an opportunity to do some R&D on skin shading.

maya, mudbox, mental ray and shave & haircut used.

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Black and white version

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Yes I remember your last version. She still looks grumpy, but I have to hand it to you for a great render. Very realistic and lifelike.

Old 10 October 2012   #4
Phenomenal realism! The only thing that breaks the spell for me is the hairline along her right temple (left side of the image).

Old 10 October 2012   #5
This one looks even better than the last one you posted. I know, as I saved it in my PC, & made a comparison.

I think the hair is still the weakest link, & the ears could be a little more rosy, & the inside of the nostrils still get away that this is CG.

not a fan of the noise effect also. Would you happen to have a non 'noised' version?

By the way, any chance to show us the shading network for the skin?

Old 10 October 2012   #6
Originally Posted by Dillster: Yes I remember your last version. She still looks grumpy, but I have to hand it to you for a great render. Very realistic and lifelike.

Thanks! Yes a few people have mentioned that she looks like she's about to punch someone haha.

Originally Posted by Maytridy: Phenomenal realism! The only thing that breaks the spell for me is the hairline along her right temple (left side of the image).

Agreed! I do remember noting that before but never got round to doing anything about it, could probably do with a bit of feathering in.

Originally Posted by PKD: This one looks even better than the last one you posted. I know, as I saved it in my PC, & made a comparison.

I think the hair is still the weakest link, & the ears could be a little more rosy, & the inside of the nostrils still get away that this is CG.

not a fan of the noise effect also. Would you happen to have a non 'noised' version?

By the way, any chance to show us the shading network for the skin?

Thanks Kiadaw and glad you like this one better. I'll link a denoised version a little later and a screenshot of the shading network.

Old 10 October 2012   #7
Amazing stuff.. Skin, shader, texture and sculpt is amazing.. yes there are some critics but still its look great... Nostril could get better by texturing .. otherwise good job

Old 10 October 2012   #8
Like real nothing to say, could work for a passport picture
Turnoff is her likeness - unpleasant look.

Technically very well executed!

OKTA-STUDIO.com <<< Protfolio Rendering/Lighting

Old 10 October 2012   #9
Originally Posted by kamalpahuja: Amazing stuff.. Skin, shader, texture and sculpt is amazing.. yes there are some critics but still its look great... Nostril could get better by texturing .. otherwise good job

Thanks for the crits and comments!

Originally Posted by Dodgeas3d: Like real nothing to say, could work for a passport picture
Turnoff is her likeness - unpleasant look.

Technically very well executed!

Thanks for the kind words!

Old 10 October 2012   #10
Smile

I like it! She has a very unique face features just as real people, even the boring expression she has helps and is appealing in some way :P no more crits on the technical side, I do agree with some that are already posted here. Good job!

-Carlos

Old 10 October 2012   #11
Originally Posted by stroggtank: I like it! She has a very unique face features just as real people, even the boring expression she has helps and is appealing in some way :P no more crits on the technical side, I do agree with some that are already posted here. Good job!

-Carlos

Thanks Carlos! Appreciate the comments, really love the style of your work and especially the colours in the weeping woman piece! Work really well together

Old 10 October 2012   #12
SSS network for those that are interested. I did end up doing quite a bit of compositing in nuke rendering out passes using render buffers from both the sss shader and the mia x. Trying to take care and keep things 'energy conserved'. Diffuse was actually taken from the mia x as it has a roughness dial. specular was a combination of 2 passes, broad and narrow.

Old 10 October 2012   #13
Great work! Especially the eyes sell it to me...
Regards,
Selwy

Old 10 October 2012   #14
Thanks for the shader network. Much appreciated. Still looking for her to be posed.

Old 10 October 2012   #15
Originally Posted by selwy: Great work! Especially the eyes sell it to me...
Regards,
Selwy

Thanks Selwy you have some amazing sculpts on your portfolio!

Originally Posted by PKD: Thanks for the shader network. Much appreciated. Still looking for her to be posed.

No probs, posing will have to be put on hold I'm afraid!

Thread Closed share thread