CGTalk > Gallery > Featured 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Uxmal

portfolio
Hernan Rodriguez
Berlin, Germany

Fish Speaker - Altar, Hernan Rodriguez (3D)

Title: Fish Speaker - Altar
Name: Hernan Rodriguez
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay, ZBrush

Just a concept image, based on a character design that I made a few weeks ago, I hope you like it.
Comments, tips and criticism are always welcome.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
CG-Scout
Veteran

Nate
Canton, Michigan, USA

The title and imagery don't fit together.

Hey Hernan! Overall I like your model, but the title doesn't fit with the imagery you've created. Maybe it was just a translation error? But, I don't think a "Fish Speaker" would be surrounded by carvings of birds.

Also, the scene is set very high up in the sky with no water present whatsoever, which further enhances an avian theme as opposed to an aquatic one. As do all the birds flying around in the background.

The other part of the image that I don't believe fits into your scene is the bloody knife. If your character was fighting bears...yeah, O.K. I could go along with the knife being relevant, but for a "Fish Speaker"? It's unlikely that a "Speaker" of any sort is going to attack anything, let alone with a big @$$ bowie knife! Do you see what I mean?

What I would recommend to you is that you change the title to something reflecting the avian theme of your scene. If your character has to have a weapon, then choose one that could be used in an appropriate manner (for example, if your character rides and fights on the back of a giant eagle: a bow and arrow, a jousting lance, a throwing spear, etc., something that could be used in an air battle). I imagine it would be very difficult to have an aerial knife fight, so I'd probably delete the knife altogether.

If the character is going to have a bloody weapon, she should show signs of having used it with blood spattered on her arm and the adjacent side of her body. It's the details that bring a scene together...or force it apart.

Keep at it! Your modeling is nice, it just needs a bit of cohesion to make it all believable. ~Nate.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Uxmal

portfolio
Hernan Rodriguez
Berlin, Germany

Hi Nate, thanks for you comments!
About the title of the image, itīs my mistake, I didinīt put all the information about the character.
This character is base on Frank Herbert novels Dune. The Fish Speaker were the personal army of Leto II in the Emperor of the galaxy in the 4th novel, "God- Emperor Dune".
This Army was composed of women only. All this women were consider the wives of the worm emperor.There loyalty was fanatic and they have a lots of intrincates and secret rituals. The name came (i think) form ancient greece. Fish Speaker were priestesses and oracles.
About the symbols in the image, the hawk is the house symbol of Atreides.
There is more info about this characters in this Link: http://dune.wikia.com/wiki/Fish_Speaker

I hope that this would help you to understand more this image.
Best

Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread