Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Manuel Bejarano (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Manuel Bejarano (3D)

Title: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Name: Manuel Bejarano
Software: 3ds max, Mudbox, Photoshop

Image made for the XIII International Fantastic Film Festival of "La Costa del Sol" poster. For modeling I used 3ds max and Mudbox and Photoshop for texturing/compositing. It´s based on the 1931 movie version, directed by Rouben Mamoulian and starring Fredric March.

09 September 2012
Muy bueno me encanta

09 September 2012
Very nice I think this pays nice homage to the film!

09 September 2012
Ha this is great, the one thing that's bothering me though is Jekyll's right eye, the eye white is pretty attention getting because of the lack of shadow, Hyde's on the other hand is really nice.

At any rate, well done.

[Plugged]

09 September 2012
I see faces in the smoke?...was that intentional?

09 September 2012
I love this! great work. lots of emotion in the faces. Any work in progress images you could share?

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by lildragon: Ha this is great, the one thing that's bothering me though is Jekyll's right eye, the eye white is pretty attention getting because of the lack of shadow, Hyde's on the other hand is really nice.

At any rate, well done.

[Plugged]

Thank you!! You´re right about the eye, I uploaded the version I prepared for printing, that looks well printed but not in the screen.

Originally Posted by brentagain: I see faces in the smoke?...was that intentional?

Maybe yes... or maybe not In the book there are continuous references to the evil...

Originally Posted by rblitz7: I love this! great work. lots of emotion in the faces. Any work in progress images you could share?

I have tons of images about the process, maybe I will do a making of. Anyway I will post some images here soon.

09 September 2012
Very nice work! I like how you mixed all the elements into this beautiful piece Keep it up!

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Dinostation: I have tons of images about the process, maybe I will do a making of. Anyway I will post some images here soon.

Can wait to see them. Great work. Congrats.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

09 September 2012
Nice work. There are a couple of things I think could be better. The rim light on Jekyll´s screen left side is way too strong, on Mr Hyde it´s also a bit too high, it makes my attention go there totally. The hat seems metallic, maybe too hard hightlights, and the position seems a bit weird. I find the test tube disconnected from the rest of the image, no shadows on Jekyll and the prespective is a bit odd. That said, the mood is really nice and Mr Hyde is very well executed.

10 October 2012
Thanks again for your comments.
Originally Posted by antokoman: Nice work. There are a couple of things I think could be better. The rim light on Jekyll´s screen left side is way too strong, on Mr Hyde it´s also a bit too high, it makes my attention go there totally. The hat seems metallic, maybe too hard hightlights, and the position seems a bit weird. I find the test tube disconnected from the rest of the image, no shadows on Jekyll and the prespective is a bit odd. That said, the mood is really nice and Mr Hyde is very well executed.

Thanks for the advices, they are always welcome.

Here are some images of the designing process, from the hand drawn sketch to the final image (sorry for the low quality):

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProcessLowB.jpg (81.5 KB, 56 views)

10 October 2012
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. Any thing about the lights?

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread