Brothers In Blood II, Damir G. Martin (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2012
Brothers In Blood II, Damir G. Martin (3D)

Title: Brothers In Blood II
Name: Damir G. Martin
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, ZBrush

This is my latest image.
It depicts two adult Carnotaurs that are cautiously following this huge Diplodocidae herd in the distance.
It is in a way remake of one of my older images named "Brothers In Blood" that I posted here on CG Talk 7 years ago. That older image can be seen in my CG Society portfolio.
Interesting thing for me was to see how far I've advanced in computer graphics with this image. Compared to back when I was just starting, when unwrapping a model seemed like a terrible nightmare to me :)

03 March 2012
Bellow some cropped bits and making of images:

and one turntable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYKD...player_embedded

__

Last edited by AIR : 03 March 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: repeating image removed

03 March 2012
I like depth of the scene!

03 March 2012
Great work, it's an award material !

Robert Pashayan
3D Artist

available for Fulltime and Freelance
My Portfolio

03 March 2012
Beautiful work. What's your pipeline between MAX and ZBrush?

03 March 2012
Excellent work its look fantastic

03 March 2012
really impressive, you dosen´t consider to add some feathers on your dinosaurs models?... I read some scientific articles that focus on this fact, that include the tyranosaurus rex could where some feathers... great images

03 March 2012
Hi guys, thx for kind comments!

@BC1967_Low poly modeling with Zspheres in zbrush, getting the general morphology done at mid sub level then dividing maximum subdivisions for details. After detailing Im retopoing mesh again in Zbrs, unwrapping in zbrs., texturing/coloring in zbrs.. That's where all the data gets GOz-ed to 3ds Max. I use 3ds Max for rendering and/or animation if there is any.

@stefgrafx_Thank you! According to paleo research, Carnotaurus was featherless animal.
Yes, Tyrannosaur had protofeathers but probably lost it as he aged to maturity..Tho many theropods had feathers.

cheers

03 March 2012
The way you convey scale makes it look majestic. VERY well done!

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

03 March 2012
"shout up and take my money" love it. great work mate! could you please write a bit about your workflow ?

5stars

03 March 2012
excellent work!

love the atmosphere and the detailed modeling and the comp with the photo.
top notch

I would have used a character in pose for the turntable rather then the stiff modeled pose you used. It would have made the turntable that much more interesting.

cheers!

03 March 2012
WOW

well done

Damir G. Martin

Remind me of Dino crisis dino stalker

03 March 2012
When it comes to dinosaurs there is only on master of modeling.
Cool work as always, however I wish you worked more on lighting, I think it can be done much better to make a stronger focus on 2 dinos.

03 March 2012
@Brasil_Thx! I wrote about the part of workflow in one post above. Other part was Pphotoshop compositing. I used dozen of my own photos and lots of paint over, Two streams were significantly edited, the footprints in mud, some tree stumps.

@veljko-lemonade_thank you Veljko! I agree on that one. I'l probably render posed and shaded dino for a reel at some point, this was a quick turn in zbrush.

@InTerceptoV_ Hi Toni, long time no see. Very kind of you! I suppose I could have dealt with the light bit better. Light and shading is something I'm still improving. I guess slip ups tend to happen at certain areas in such massive images, you focus on one thing and overlook something else.

thx for dropping a comment guys!!

04 April 2012
Originally Posted by AIR: Hi guys, thx for kind comments!

@BC1967_Low poly modeling with Zspheres in zbrush, getting the general morphology done at mid sub level then dividing maximum subdivisions for details. After detailing Im retopoing mesh again in Zbrs, unwrapping in zbrs., texturing/coloring in zbrs.. That's where all the data gets GOz-ed to 3ds Max. I use 3ds Max for rendering and/or animation if there is any.

@stefgrafx_Thank you! According to paleo research, Carnotaurus was featherless animal.
Yes, Tyrannosaur had protofeathers but probably lost it as he aged to maturity..Tho many theropods had feathers.

cheers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...tle=Megatherium

Thread Closed share thread