Heavy Man, Olivier Thériault (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2012
Heavy Man, Olivier Thériault (3D)

Title: Heavy Man
Name: Olivier Thériault
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay, ZBrush

Hi,

I wanted to make the head of a tough guy for a change and ended up with this.

Modeled with 3dsmax/zbrush, textured with Mari/photoshop and rendered with Vray.

Thanks for watching!

01 January 2012
Great sculpting and skin shading! He looks like Zinedine Zidane.
Cheers!

01 January 2012
Smile

Thanks grnakamura!

There are still things I don't like about it but, I have to finish my demo fast to get myself a job so.... Next project, I'll use more reference for things like the forehead lines and the expression.

The skin shader is done with the vrayfastsss2 shader. The trick is to put your color map straight into the sss slot, and use a small scatter radius.

And, I guess there are similarities with the great Zidane but I never looked at his picture during the project.

See ya!

01 January 2012
I like it.
I think that over the eyes would more work.
But in general, normal.

01 January 2012
Hi Crot!

I'm not exacly sure what your mean by "I think that over the eyes would more work."

02 February 2012
great work, he is really handsome ! I am jealous :3
Great sss, i haven't even touched sss yet though I hope to soon, it's kind of a scary subject in texturing personally :(

02 February 2012
Thumbs up

Thanks jj1567!

What software are you using? If you use vray, you just work the same as without sss but you plug your color map in the sss, its almost that simple.

I had written some comments about the vray skin shader to a friend some time ago. It's just my personal thought on it and is not perfect but it might help you. It was done on 3dsmax but vray is very similar in all software.

(1.1mb)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c...nfo_Olivier.jpg

Thanks for your reply!

02 February 2012
Hi Olivierth, I am using maya and mental ray as my render but I could adjust to vray, thanks a lot for that picture it helps A LOT! if this was youtube i would subscribe ahah ;D

02 February 2012
Hey jj1567,

I'm really glad it helps you! When I started using that skin shader I almost gave up. It's not easy to get some tips on how to use it.

02 February 2012
It's a good model overall. Would reduce the SSS effect on the skin and eyes. Also the eyes need more work. They are too soft and blurry.

Great work just needs minor improvements...

02 February 2012
Hi Comar93,

I will reduce the sss radius on my new project. I also redone some new eyes with new shaders that should be better.

Unfortunately, this project has already been added to my demo and I can't afford to go back on it again. I have to find a job.

Here's my demo: http://vimeo.com/36155451

Thanks for your reply!

08 August 2012
Amazing piece of work....Great work!! congrats Olivier

08 August 2012
Thanks fluidfxtd!

08 August 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread