Analia, Brian Baxter (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2011
Analia, Brian Baxter (3D)

Title: Analia
Name: Brian Baxter
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay, ZBrush

Hi, I've had this image in mind for a while but only recently got a chance to get working on it. I was keen to achieve a gritty final look for the girl who is a mixture of ethnicities, I used 1 main reference with 2 others combining features from each. I initially had a much larger crop but eventually decided to take it in a good a bit and focus on the face.

I wanted to be as time efficient as possible so I limited the amount I spent on each stage of modelling, texturing and lighting, it took around 2 1/2 weeks all together. The model was sculpted from a generic base mesh in Zbrush with textures in Zbrush and PhotoShop. Lighting, shading and rendering was done in 3DS Max with Vray. The hair and face fuzz was made with Hair Farm. Compositing and post processing done in PhotoShop.

C and C's very much welcome! Cheers.

High Res:- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9134279/Girl_Final_Big.jpg

11 November 2011
very nice work !!!

11 November 2011
How sweet! So fresh and full of life! Simply excellent!
5*

11 November 2011
Very nice, especially for 2&1/2 weeks work, shes very charismatic. As for crits, I'd say her skin tone makes her look a bit older. Maybe if you smoothed out the pores and subtle facial roughness it would make her look more youthful. Only a minor crit though!

11 November 2011
Awesome work, dude. Remember you mentioning this project - good to see you got round to it.

11 November 2011
wonderful!

Very impressive render Brian! Love the expression and overall render.. great mood and feel and eyes are full of life..
the proportions of the face are slightly off (unless a slightly stylized look is what you were after in regards to proportions?)
overall very strong and thanks very much for sharing!

-Dan

11 November 2011
Amazing work. I like render, hair, skin.
Liite critic from me =) I think eyes little bit bigger than head )

11 November 2011
Nice work .

11 November 2011
great work! well done.

11 November 2011
Beautiful & Great details!!
like to see more wireframes

11 November 2011
Cool Thanks everyone!

Turri: Thank you

Zokana: Cheers, I really wanted to get the eyes looking right, its very easy for them to end up looking dead.

SCB: Thanks alot. With the skin, I wanted it to look a bit more worn beyond the characters age, to suggest an outdoor weather beaten sort of life. Though also and understandably it's very hard to source any skin reference photos for children, even 3D.sk don't have any!

Andy: Cheers dude, great to hear from you. You must come down for a catch up :-) Did you get your model finished?

Droarty: Thanks alot Dan, I was blown away by your last your last piece when you posted it a
few weeks ago and to be honest I almost felt like giving up on this one ;-) But I was
definitely inspired and as a result I think I pushed this one much further than I would
have settled with. So cheers to you man!

About the proportions, I squashed the face down a bit in an attempt to make her look younger,
it doesn't look correct as such but I quite liked the quirkiness and decided to leave it.
Also I'm a horrendous procrastinator with personal work so I really wanted to keep a tight
schedule on this and get it done in the time I had set out, which meant not going back and changing
things constantly! :-)

f0xyL: Thank you. Yeah, your right about the eyes. I had a friend tell me last week, she looked a bit like a troll because of that, this version looks less troll like!

elementcg: Thank you

saixia: Thank you

PatrickSuen: Ok, I'll go prep some :-) and thanks too!

11 November 2011
Yeah will come down for a catch up any time as pretty much got free weekends from now on - just let me know when you have.

No of course I didn't get that model finished - distractions and other projects got in the way. It'll probably only take a few days of hard work so I think I'll get on it now before anything else gets in the way.

11 November 2011
WOW! I love her! She is very beautiful! And I like her eyebrows and hair.

11 November 2011
Amazing job, this is just beautiful!

I love the delicate balance between cartoon and realism.

Congratulations!

11 November 2011
Great stuff Brain, it looks awesome man. My only crit would be that the eyes could do with a thin reflection just between the lower lid and eyeball. I really like the personality you have managed to convey.

Thread Closed share thread