On Constant Watch, Stefan Morrell (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2011
On Constant Watch, Stefan Morrell (3D)

Title: On Constant Watch
Name: Stefan Morrell
Software: 3ds max, finalRender, Photoshop

Taking a break from building new environments to actualy render one of them,
The mech,(as it seems with all my models) is still a wip,only the legs are template textured with the rest using a finalrender dirt map.modeled in max,rendered with finalrender...with lots of post in Photoshop.

thanks for viewing!
Cheers
Stefan

09 September 2011
Great render, as always... I really like the rain drops coming down... I think the child needs more work, it seems to be a statue..

09 September 2011
Wow! I like drops of water in lights very much!

09 September 2011
Good one Stefan. I kinda don't like that small guy, his pose and model quality is lower than the rest of the image. It would be cool if he is sitting down and playing with toys, not caring too much about that robot.

09 September 2011
A cliché idea, however nicely executed

Besides whats already been mentioned, my observations are:
  • The light from the mech looks to be pointing at the person, however there are no harsh shadows cast off the person.
  • Water (or rain?) cascading off the over head structure may benefit from a slight rainbow effect.
  • The ambient light looks like sunlight; so why are the street lights on? - 'fussy'
Thats it for now...

02 February 2012
Nice render

But I can't get over the fact that these models that you say you build for these scenes are all from Daz3D.com under the vendor Stonemason. Are you him? If you are, kudos! I have bought many of these models and if you didn't build them then I appreciate what you have done with them. Beautiful scenes. Just was confused and wanted to ask and give credit to where credit is due.

02 February 2012
Originally Posted by darkgrafix: But I can't get over the fact that these models that you say you build for these scenes are all from Daz3D.com under the vendor Stonemason. Are you him? If you are, kudos! I have bought many of these models and if you didn't build them then I appreciate what you have done with them. Beautiful scenes. Just was confused and wanted to ask and give credit to where credit is due.

yes,these models are also models i sell at daz3d,

Cheers
Stefan

03 March 2012
the tension between the little kid and the giant machine is so interesting!
nice!

one thing is make more effort on the kid, like a lit more detail would be better

05 May 2012
I always get a kick out of it when I run across your work. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Great job Buddy!

05 May 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread