On the Stage, Joe Yan (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2007
Make no mistake that this is front page material. When I first loaded this thread I thought they were pictures of a painted model from e2046.com - it is that good. If this was a real model kit I would definitely consider buying it. Stylish, sexy and full of spirit. Awesome work.

Currently working on...HCR #42

12 December 2007
People are so spoiled. It's not modeled by god himself, but it's still great work. I think if you wanted to go the model route all I could say is to solidify the hair piece.

12 December 2007
Smile

All of you peoples are kindly and your comments are really helpful for me, so deeply thanks every friend. for my poor english I can't join the conversation and say more words, I just watch like a 3rd person...oops. sorry for that.
The intention I made the girl is "I want to make a perfect girl in my heart". my first purpose is not a doll or a realistic human, just a pure beauty, a brisk girl. as you see the stage setup looks like a realistic doll but if you note the 3rd image you will see the girl is "hovering". The hair, the eyes and the details of her guitar are realism, not like a doll, but the lighting setup, the overly glossy skin, the size(I mean the DOF)...etc, make it like a doll. it's truerly my intention, neither a doll or a real hunman is "perfect beauty" for me , not chicanery.
I do made some wrong in the anatomy, as you know I didn't know the anatomy very much but I tried my best this time, I'll take your kindly comments and suggestions to make me do better in next time, thanks again for all of your comments.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Joe

Last edited by ecore : 12 December 2007 at 04:41 AM.

12 December 2007
4 stars

Something is weird on her mouth. The smile looks frozen or forced smile, it should be natural.

4 Stars for me

Best regards
Rubens

12 December 2007
@cokepuss - Your comment was one of the more positive ones. I think everyone let the front page plud cloud ther judgement.

I think everyone here understands that this is not usually what we see on on the frontpage but regardless everyone should just crit the image as if it appeared in 3d Gallery. Which in all fairness most ppl did but with the extra bitterness.

Its a good image, the face could do with some work and the pose isn't really plauseable. Overall its good. It could be better with more work thats all.

12 December 2007
Originally Posted by jr2joao: +1

It's a good work, I like it, but imHo too it's not frontpage material .

+1

I agree. Period. I didn't say anything about it until now . It's good people voiced their critiques in this thread about the "artwork".

On the other side of things: my sincere congratulations for the guy to get on the front page.

Good luck.

12 December 2007
i don't like the face shader but overall very nice.

12 December 2007
very nice man, i really enjoy the content you choose to base your images on especially the telecaster animation i saw before.

12 December 2007
She's beautiful!! 5 stars from me!!
dEDa

- Life is too short for a full time job -

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

12 December 2007
with all due respect... I dont feel this is front page material... Although the work is nice but it dosent show excellence like most of the frontpage art works.... Again this is justmy opinion. I still think its a good piece of work but not a great one...

Hope this dosent offend the artist... I didnt mean to do that.

Thanks

P.S. Anatomy books are great to have around.

12 December 2007
so good!

so good!well done.

12 December 2007
a great job of doing an anime style figurine

At least as that's what it looked like to me right off the bat.
The giveaway for me was the hair. Bu I also painted a lot of these in the past, real plastic ones I mean.

So yeah the thought of a realistic model never crossed my mind. I just thought I was a great stylized model.

12 December 2007
nice pic mister ! As a guitar player i must say it's well done ,nice choice for the orange amps

it rocks !! i've got a rocker 30 and a prs ... ...so you know ...

great job !

T

12 December 2007
Model is average.
Lighting is below average.
Materials are below average.
Rigging is average.
Pose is a little above average.

That's not wanting it to be what I want it to be. That's just an objective view of the quality of the piece regardless of intent.

If there were no boobs in frame people wouldn't be giving it 5*s.

12 December 2007
I actually like the model. I took it to be a stylized figure, created in more of a cartoonish fashion, so I wasn't looking for 100% accurate, high-resolution skin textures, meticulously rendered detail or the like. Taking it for what it is, it's a fun piece to look at.

The one issue I have with the model is the smile... the folds on either side of the mouth just aren't working, at least from the angle of the close-up render. Since the figure is already highly stylized, you could probably get away with not even including them, creating a more anime-like interpretation. Barring that, revisiting the face and tweaking it to pull the musculature into line will help take this piece up a level.

Serious congratulations on the front page... don't let some of the comments discourage you. Look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Thread Closed share thread