Merlad_blord, Timur (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #16
Hey Grzesiekj, it's 326 Polygons in the original cage. I later decided to export a level up out of ZBrush, because I brought him into pose inside of Zbrush. After I got asked about animations of him I more and more thought about it and it certainly is possible, just not too flexible altogether and it's too much of a gimmik to waste any time on him....I'll make so many more, no need to worry about this one...

Old 06 June 2005   #17
Bud thing !!

herbertV399

Fake Smiles
How can you explain 3 points, if almost everyone is saying how amazing this work is.
Shake these fake smiles away - see - I never wear one.

From me 5 points. 3 points are unfair to your artwork and many others. Very good piece in overall, very good execution, a bit problems with textures.
Very original work.

alexfalchi

Well.... fake smiles??!! and so why you think so?!
every work transmits some emotion..live the textures or other... and put some sentation in every work...maybe this is no a very big work but if the guys have nice consideration for this...
WELCOME !!

I dunno if my english is very well....But this is my modest council.

Alex.

Last edited by alexfalchi : 06 June 2005 at 10:43 PM.

Old 06 June 2005   #18
Taron! Taron! Taron!

Always happy to see what comes out of your genius yet crazy brain.
This is a freaky image for sure. But it makes me smile. That googly eye rules.
I look forward to seeing it in print in the book.

I also love the story of this poor mer-man.

p.s. Did you get inspired for some ideas for future characters from the people at that pizza place last night? lol

Portfolio : www.3DartSpace.com

Old 06 June 2005   #19
Love to see some humour in your creation. Excellent use of colors.

Old 06 June 2005   #20
man, he's uuuuuuuuuugly Great job on both modeling and texturing

Old 06 June 2005   #21
So sweet. and gross. I like especially his bug-eye. Some more interesting texturing on the big bald head might be nice.
love,hen

Old 06 June 2005   #22
FANTASTIC!!! How in the hell did I miss this one?!?

The details and expression are awesome. You've definitely got some creative mind.

Old 06 June 2005   #23
Hmmm...I'm sorry it's so hidden...

...good point...I should really update my website, then. Thanx a lot! Great reminder!

Taron

Old 06 June 2005   #24
Excellent work Taron, you won't remember but we met a while back at Newtek Day, your work has, and continues to be an inspiration to me.

I'd love to see what the "condition" has done to the rest of his body, my only crit would be his left eye seems kinda dry...

optimize your work methods? lol, your insane.

EDIT: an update to your site would be nice, it's been so long I've stopped checking.

Old 06 June 2005   #25
excellent stuff

Old 06 June 2005   #26
I could NOT resist to take some of the critic to heart and added some detail to the forehead. I must say I did not expect it to be so much fun to go back into a previous fun model, but man...Zbrush and messiah...it's just a blast.

It took me roughly 15 minutes to add more structure and a few more wrinkles to the forehead. The render, and I have no idea why, went noticably quicker this time...I'm kind of surprised about that. Anyway, I've also made a few more images and posted them on my website, so feel free and come check it out...

Thanx guys, I know this is not a WIP thread, but your feedback was a great motivation!

Taron

Last edited by Taron333 : 06 June 2005 at 02:00 PM.

Old 06 June 2005   #27
Hi Taron

I really apreciate your artwork. But your last works in my opinion don't have the surface treatment as the old ones. Looks like you are increasing more and more the specularity and other times looks no specularity at all, which gives them a very distinct look. I would like to see a more shiny/matte variation across the whole model. Best regards.

Last edited by Zombietic : 06 June 2005 at 10:10 PM.

Old 06 June 2005   #28
HAHAHA, I figured it could only be a matter of time until someonecatches my lazy behind! Yeah, I was a little ashamed about my naughtiness to pretent being content with color and displacementmaps. It's really not an esthetical decision, but simply a matter of simplicity to make it sound nicer. I don't have a lot of time and love doing things fast. Recently the results had been so fascinating with the two mapping types alone, that I somehow started to neglect other mappings. But soon I will pay attention to all of it again....I was tempted to even do the translucency maps again as I used to do it. It'll all be back, no worries....
It's adequate to consider this an elaborate sketch and nothing more, if you don't mind!

Thank you so much for your concern, I do appreciate that a lot!

Taron

Old 06 June 2005   #29
I like the lighting, color, and camera angle on the last image posted of him at your website the best.

Old 06 June 2005   #30
Thumbs up

Hi Taron I have see the pic in your web site....very nice..I am curious to see the original mesh...can you post it please??( sure if you want)

Alex.

Thread Closed share thread