Old Kitchen, Steven Jin (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
Old Kitchen, Steven Jin (3D)

Title: Old Kitchen
Name: Steven Jin
Software: Maya, Photoshop

Title: Old Kitchen
Name: Steven Qi Jin
Software: Maya, Photoshop

This is a photo recreation that I did a while back to see how close I can get it to look like the real thing. I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn.
Comments are very welcome. Thank you.

03 March 2008
great texture detail. it shows that you put a lot of work into this scene. i think that you have overburned a little too much the part near the window, but i`m stiil going to give you 5 stars for the texture, model and mood.

03 March 2008
Thumbs up

Nice image, render and mood.

Cograts for the texture too!

03 March 2008
Get a real Job Steve~

Lols, J/K. Good stuff. No fun posting a comment to you w/ you standing right over my shoulder. *Steve wanders away laughing*

But yeah, good job on something -old- like you said. Think the other commenter as well as us here @ work, pointed out the overblown light void from the window.

I'd still say you should track down your origianl reference & post that to show how close you got to the real thing.

Make more stuff, and let's get a real job someday! lols

-Cisco

03 March 2008
very good work 4 stars from me

My Web Site
www.ahmedmax.com

My Show Reel 2010
http://vimeo.com/11058725

03 March 2008
thank you guys very much for the feedback

I will work really hard on my next one. I will keep on doing photo recreation until I think my skill is good enough to do something of my own.
Cannot do fantasy if I cannot do what I see

03 March 2008
Really nice work, You have a great attention to detail in your modeling, and your texture choices are really strong. The only thing that needs more work is the lighting, which as it happens is the easiest thing to fix.

Firstly there seems to be way too much ambient light in the scene. This is especially apparent in the way the objects on the shelf like the stove, dishes and bowls seem to be floating in the air and have no real contact shadows with the surface they are sat on.

Like others have already mentioned the light from the window seems to be really burning out the wall, and the wall itself looks only paper thin where you would expect thick plastered stone like you have on the shelf.

The area under the main shelf, and the shelf by the window also seems way to dark for the scene. with that amount of bounce light it would easily be visible to the eye.

The best lighting advice I can give you is keep it simple. Start with a main directional light casting final gather rays or global illumination and build upon that. You will be really surprised at how few lights you need to add to complete a great looking shot.

Can't wait to see more.

03 March 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread