TOPIC SUGGESTIONS

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 06 June 2004   #61
So will the old topics remain open or will they be locked after 24 hours? Just asking because the brief stated they would be locked after 24 hours, and the old one's still accesable. Just wondering.

Old 06 June 2004   #62
i think they should remain open. I mean, what's the point in closing a perfectly good excercise thread? Never too late to draw an idea if you ask me. I unlocked the first one because I had one to submit (abusing my Mod privelages )

Old 06 June 2004   #63
I think closing the threads is a good idea....
That will make it a bit more focused. Just one thread to post in, so you know where to look for the most recent additions. And since there will always be one open sketch-thread there will always be a topic for your sketches. And you will be forced to change the subject of your sketches constantly, so you can´t just stick with the "Futuristic weapon of massdestruction" because you liked it....

With an increasing number of themes there will be less contributions for each if the old ones stay open, so that you can choose whatever thread you like....

Am I making any sense at all?

I don´t think so

(With "you" I don´t mean anyone in particular )

Old 06 June 2004   #64
Quote: Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads

leaving threads open makes roberto's job harder I guess.

Also threads will go out of order (unless there is an option for you mods to default sorting on creation date or something)

Tho I do agree. In the weekends i'm not always near my computer, chances are I still like the subject and I want to do it later.

Old 06 June 2004   #65
I vote for closing the thread, its a Daily sketch group right so if you fancy sketching just check the days subject, its about the idea at that moment, there will always be an open thread

I guess you could always do a sketch & post it in the WIP section if you get inspired by previous a subject?

just my 2 pence worth.

Cheers,
Kieron

Old 06 June 2004   #66
an idea

Hi guys, great initiative this one. I hope do something to it, in mean while i had an idea, y not nave a special subject which will run onver the week, and ppl could post a tutorial of how they did it.
Andre
Sorry my english

Old 06 June 2004   #67
Yeah I agree with Ivars, we should definately close the thread.

I think it would also be quite kewl to have some kind of motivation to keep sketching, like some sort of prize given at the end of the year, and maybe a mention or something for the best sketch artist at the end of each month.

I don't really know, but it would be kewl to have some kind of motivation.

Maybe you should emphasise the fact that this is a sketch thread, and that you shouldn't post previous work. Some people have been!

Old 06 June 2004   #68
Ok how about this...

We could select the best sketch of a given week...

The people would have the whole weekend to select their favorites..

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 06 June 2004   #69
Im all for a sketch of the week thingy. To keep things motivated.

Im for closing old threads as well, just to keep the focus on the daily theme's.

Old 06 June 2004   #70
Yeah, i think thats a great idea. Gives people something to look foward too.

Dark Beast

-----------------------------

"Genius is Madness"

http://www.fnoteart.com

Old 06 June 2004   #71
I think it's a good idea to make it so that the topics are frozen in place, but not locked. That way people can still comment on them, and even post if they really want to, but the topics will always be in order and once you get a page or more, the focus really stays towards the top.

Old 06 June 2004   #72
Topic Ideas:

Wanabees
Bring Your Parent to School
Bring Your Kid to Work
Mexican UFO's
Dodge Ball
Things That Stink
Who's The Boss?
Take Two of These and Call Me in the Morning ....
Dumb Criminals

Old 06 June 2004   #73
Quote: Originally posted by the sparky
I think it's a good idea to make it so that the topics are frozen in place, but not locked. That way people can still comment on them, and even post if they really want to, but the topics will always be in order and once you get a page or more, the focus really stays towards the top.

yea I'd place my bet on it that that is possible with vbulletin.. conceptart.org does it that way..

Old 06 June 2004   #74
yeah, that's where I got the idea. It works so well, since then the topics don't get mixed up.

Old 06 June 2004   #75
So is this thing only going on on the weekdays or what? I hope not. Saturdays and Sundays are my days off usually. Those are the days when I actually have the time to devote to these sketches. If not, can someone post the subjects for Saturday and Sunday on Fridays. Same time rules will apply.

reply share thread