|04 April 2014||#1|
Washington DC, USA
CGS DSF 3572 60 mn "The Cove" -Please Read Note
Guys dont forget to post:
END OF THE MONTH GALLERY: March - 2014-Post Your Best Work
NOTE: I am re-posting the topics on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/RobertoOrtiz_CG
You have 60 MN for your your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post
* WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
* You may post a drawing at ANY TIME, but if you wish to be eligible for the Sketch of the Week,
it must be finished at least a week after the topic has been posted.
* NEW RULE: You may Sketch in ANY MEDIUM, digital or traditional.
* You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread.
* They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 1024 x 1024.
NOTE: The forum WILL RESIZE your image. but you may post a direct link to a high resolution version of your drawing
|04 April 2014||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Ah, finally ended my recent drought! We'll see if I can keep this up and knock down a few more of the themes I've missed.
I've been so busy working on my paint application. Should play more with it really.
This is a quick improvised seascape. 25 minutes. Feels like I could need some more observation to give me ideas about water coloring, but it's a lot of fun just making stuff up too
Click to see original resolution. It's a bit scribbly, looks best when squinting.
Sazem: Eerie mood! Like there's a thunderstorm brewing.
elmo3d: Hi! Very powerful colors in yours. Normally I don't quite like the super-intense palettes, but this one makes it all swing together well. Could be the cover of an illustrated book/comic.
starylia: I like the contrast of grey dolphin skin against that water. Too bad there's not more of it. You really did a great job with the subtle shading on that animal. Looks just right to get the form across!
|04 April 2014||#6|
ya win some ya lose someportfolio
Join Date: Oct 2004
Here is my "Cove" image , done in corel photopaint with in the time limit. This is the 2nd daily sketch with in the last month. I will try to do more of these as I need people painting practice, I find landscapes easier than people.
DrPetter, I really like the colors of your image.
|reply share thread|