CGS_DSF 2996 30mn"The Sword in the Stone"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
CGS_DSF 2996 30mn"The Sword in the Stone"

"The Sword in the Stone"

You have 30mn for your your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post
* WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
* You may post a drawing at ANY TIME, but if you wish to be eligible for the Sketch of the Week,
it must be finished at least a week after the topic has been posted.
* You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread.
* They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 1024 x 1024.
NOTE: The forum WILL RESIZE your image. but you may post a direct link to a high resolution version of your drawing
:Daily Sketch Forum:HCR Modeling
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 03 March 2013   #2
It Came from Outer Space

in time!

Old 03 March 2013   #3
Cool floating perspective jorge

HelzerSketch Blog

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Thanks Daniel!
wow, really nice speed painting!

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Damn sticky rock!

Messing about with some nice brushes and it turned out somthing Slaine-ish thanks to lots of happy accidents. Couldn't stop at 30 min. So I finished it in about an hour.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Jorgepozo, I really have enjoyd lately your super funny sketches! they are awsome

Danielh68, Amazing art again, I took similar idea but with different result maybe?

Stylegraphics, I really like the feel of weight and action in the sketch.. (also cool brushes too!)

Here is mine... Took around 10minutes over the time limit.
I call it "He didnt became king after all".

Old 03 March 2013   #7
Thank you Sazem,

Beautiful place to die
I like the opposite river bank, really peaceful

Agree on Stylegraphics picture, nice posing

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Thanks for the comments, it's been al long time that I did a weekly sketch. I intend to do more. It's the best practice.
jorgepozo. Who's gonna draw the sword out there? Good one
danielh68. Good composition, I like the trees and the green takes the viewer right to the subject
Sazem. maybe he's king of the dead now

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Hi, guys
very good entries, competition is getting harder with every new theme

PS. about 45mins... this is my third attempt to sketch this scene - whole sword set in crystals so noone can reach for it and take out home :P it turned out to be a lot harder to draw than it seemed at first.

cheers

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Figured I would do something related to the graphics I should be creating....

Maybe one day I'll discover some way of increasing my art skills, even if only a little bit every day...

Old 03 March 2013   #11
Hi Doomtoo, we are all in a state of constant discovery. Everyone here is increasing his art skills by practice and improves a little bit every day.

Old 03 March 2013   #12
I'm not sure how- I've been practicing on and off for a long time, and haven't really found a way to move forward.
I am practicing using 'You Can Draw in 30 Days: The Fun, Easy Way to Learn to Draw in One Month or Less'. It would be nice if there were some kind of instructions out there "how I became a good artist", or even an art school curriculum, some kind of direction, instead of "draw a box a million times and you may become an artist".

I like the daily sketch a lot, but don't think I'll ever improve much without figuring out how to. :(

Old 03 March 2013   #13
The "You Can Draw in 30 Days: The Fun, Easy Way to Learn to Draw in One Month or Less" book content and lessons are OK.
But leave out the marketing promises in the title. The essential is: „Draw”, „the fun”, and, „Learn”. Hehe, „How I became a good artist” wouldn’t be the most humble title for a book . „How I became an experienced artist” would be beter I think. Every experienced artist drew a lot of boxes. It’s just essential for perspective drawing and everything else in it. You can only learn it by the experience of doing it. I understand your frustration, and I can tell that every artist goes trough these fases of frustration. If your frustrated it means you have a desire to do better. So that is not a bad state at all. When you’re too frustrated, put down the pencil, go through some art or drawing books, watch some tutorials, look at your idols, try to figure out how they do it. Make a collection of artwork you really love. Then pick up the pencil again. Try again. That’s how I handle it. Just keep drawing. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Too much pressure kills creativity.

Old 03 March 2013   #14
Originally Posted by doomtoo: I'm not sure how- I've been practicing on and off for a long time, and haven't really found a way to move forward.
I am practicing using 'You Can Draw in 30 Days: The Fun, Easy Way to Learn to Draw in One Month or Less'. It would be nice if there were some kind of instructions out there "how I became a good artist", or even an art school curriculum, some kind of direction, instead of "draw a box a million times and you may become an artist".

I like the daily sketch a lot, but don't think I'll ever improve much without figuring out how to. :(

Ok, here is the good and bad news:

Good news: Most people can improve their artwork, most can improve it a lot. You'll be shocked at how good you can be.

Bad news: There are no short cuts. Yes some have a natural talent but even they have taken the time to learn the fundamentals.

Simply doing drawing after drawing is not going to help you much until you study. There are techniques for everything. Research and study as well as a lot of practice will improve your art.

You get out what you put in and anyone can improve their art. Most importantly: never quit

Old 03 March 2013   #15
I have to say that the amount of the work what you have to make to become good artist is unbelievable. I am currently making thesis for my university (not art related) and there was one book where they sayd, that reaching expert level on any field needs atleast 8000 - 12 000 hours of work. I actually believe it.

Best things to improve is love what you are doing and doing it every single day. Even a little is better than nothing, and definitely dont stress too much about "getting" better or being in some "level". I think there is never going to be the level where you are finished! You will always find new areas to learn and improve.
I lost my motivation and everything years ago by stressing too much getting better, right now I am only enjoying and having fun while learning things and i think now I am improving more than ever.

I made a blog for "forcing" my self to make atleast one piece everyday! and also I can check back for few months and see if I have improved at all.

Good luck with your Journey Doomtoo, we all are in our personal journeys

Thread Closed share thread