GAC#11 - Attila The Hun "Scourge Of God"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
I think that's on purpose, his proportions are big but he is, after all, going to be Attilla the hun. And he has a neck, it's just a little wide from having such massive traps.

12 December 2004
I'm giving him exagerated proportions on purpose... like zangief from streetfighter... I might have gone to far though... i'll re-evaluate it. Thanks for the postive replys all.

Thomas A. Szakolczay
www.tasmediafile.com

12 December 2004
Hey man, your model is coming along very nicely, you have been putting a lot of work into this and it shows!

Originally Posted by tasart: Some more.. at this point its at 7400... I'm shooting for 10000 for the body... and the remaining 5000 for the weapons... I'm going to have a lot of optimizing work to do :-)

Sounds like a plan, if you want to save a few you could always get rid of the roughness under his arm (from were his ribs are?) IMO that is the only place that needs improvement; I can see what you are trying to do, but it comes off looking like cellulite. Your work here always keeps getting better, so keep you the work. I can’t wait to see more…

12 December 2004
Did a bit more optimizing... its at 9300 right now... Almost done with the bod :-)

Thomas A. Szakolczay
www.tasmediafile.com

12 December 2004
Coming along very nicely - can't wait to see your textures. Only crit is the pecs look a little wide and out of proportion, but that might just be the posing

12 December 2004
Almost done.... just a few small details to add, some adjustments... and i'm on to UVing.

Thomas A. Szakolczay
www.tasmediafile.com

12 December 2004
Wow, very nice . GL on the UV's.

12 December 2004
Here's my final update till after the holidays... merry x-mas!

Thomas A. Szakolczay
www.tasmediafile.com

12 December 2004
You blocked him really quickly! And you've started a bit on the textures too!

I think he looks a bit shorter than your concept, also maybe a more furred boots would look nice on him if the polycount allow to of course...

Waiting for the insane texture-work!! Merry X-mas too

12 December 2004
between this entry and the LionHeart I think I might as well quit right now, damn! Only thing I could possibly crit is I think the long spike on each shoulderpad doesn't really fit the rest of the design. Aside from that, HOLY CRAP it looks great!

12 December 2004
the collar bone is WAY too defined, I would try to make the transition between the pec and collar bone a little softer. The serratus and lats are looking a little too defined IMO. His torso is so massive, but his arms look quite small, I'd think about making them a little more meaty and defined.

looking good.

-K.

Last edited by KolbyJukes : 12 December 2004 at 10:06 PM.

12 December 2004
you really nailed the exagerated, blocky musculature in the concept work, the model looks far too smooth to me- particularly in the shoulder, but also around the ribcage.

like-a so. I think you need to make the shoulder much more pronounced, and keep the chest at about the same thickness as the waist until about belly-button height, where the big wad of muscle that wraps around from behind the shoulder to the bottom of the ribcage attaches itself. also, Id' suggest smoothing out hte axe, and adding nicks & whatnot- again, your concept work is fabulous, but the 3D doesn't do it justice

Last edited by Dyrn : 12 December 2004 at 08:16 PM.

12 December 2004
his neck is really thowing me off man, or his lack of I should say. check out some anatomy referance over at fineart.sk or were ever you want, look at body builder necks.
also your serratus anterior muscles look alittle look off. look at this link to see the relationship between the ribcage http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/SerratusAnterior.html

proportionally I think he's off. at the moment hes about 5 to 5 1/2 heads tall. If you want him to look like a badass go with 6-7 heads tall.

nice start though....

this is a nice little muscle referance site List of Muscles

12 December 2004
I think Dyrn nailed exactly what I was going to say. The muscles on the arm could use the same definition as the chest and legs. Also, the shoulder pad spikes seem out of place because they lack detail as well. Great stuff otherwise. I hope you use the 6000 tris you have left to make it look as close to the serious concept as possible.

Glad this is an unofficial challenge

12 December 2004
Back from the holidays... hope santa was generous to you all.

Thanks for all the rad crits... really insightful. Sometimes one gets too close to his or her work and needs a few hundred pairs of fresh eyes to pick out the bad stuff. I began to employ some of Dryn's great comments.
The axe is about 60% there... knicks are on the way

Lordmachuca: I think he looks out of proportion as far as height due to his gigantic helmet and thick beard.. i'm hoping this will become more apparrent when the texturing kicks off. Maybe this helps put things into perspective.

Thomas A. Szakolczay
www.tasmediafile.com

Thread Closed share thread