Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Kamil Rutkiewicz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2004   #16
Concept Sketch: Concept: Gremlin / IMP creature

The idea is that Gremlins exist and that they basically love technology and will do anything to get their hands on it and this could be for good or evil

The bad and evil premise of the idea is that there are a whole bunch of these little guys swinging off of some creature/human that has mechanised parts and theyre basically trying to capture it and pull it apart for their spare parts.

Or alternatively these fellas could be good guys working on repairing some other bigger creature/human.

Im not really happy with the way its looking atm so im going to concentrate on exploring more ideas for the little guys.

28days 17hours 8minutes 57seconds.

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

Old 05 May 2004   #17
hehe np man.For the goblins maybe give thema thicker upper jaws with teeths out,they must look very mischevious naughty and evil.Huge creatures would be good but show alittle fleshy parts . so that when the goblin tear off the part from it u can see the flesh and the creature in pain,it suits the theme maybe tear half way like wires still connecting to the part or veins also can
. U could design weapons for gobs like mechanic spanner it would be great when they hunt in pack .Love scenes action too. Juz part of sum suggestions hehe ,way to go buddy,mine is still quite raw i still working on it when i am roughly done then i will let u see my wip ^ ^.i quite worry as i really not good in mecha parts T_T

Old 05 May 2004   #18
Coloring WIP: Golblin Head

This is just a quick experimentation in colouring the Goblin character. This is basically the kind of look im going for this tribe of Goblins.

Their characteristics will not all be the same, this particular one is the head chief of the mob. Older looking, with his war paint on.

Weapons and full body sketches up soon.

As for the machine flesh they are attacking, i was thinking a building site. Plenty of potential for different types of workers/mechs getting attacked. But its kind of a neat contrast as the larger bots are building stuff the Gremlins are tearing them apart.^_O

26Days 19Hours 39Minutes 40Seconds.

Old 05 May 2004   #19
Concept Sketch: Goblin 02

Just another concept for a member of the goblins, Im thinking of giving him multiple arms, 2 natural and 2 mechanical (White). No details in yet, just want to keep him rough till i figure out what i want him doing in the final composition.

The idea for now is that hes on the back of the machine hes pulling apart and ripping out wires and cables to get to the inside.

he definately needs some sort of tools, perhaps instead of the plain mechanical arms those arms could be tools of some sort.

26Days 9hours 53minutes 8seconds

Old 05 May 2004   #20
Quote: Originally posted by Craymels
hehe np man.For the goblins maybe give thema thicker upper jaws with teeths out,they must look very mischevious naughty and evil.Huge creatures would be good but show alittle fleshy parts . so that when the goblin tear off the part from it u can see the flesh and the creature in pain,it suits the theme maybe tear half way like wires still connecting to the part or veins also can
. U could design weapons for gobs like mechanic spanner it would be great when they hunt in pack .Love scenes action too. Juz part of sum suggestions hehe ,way to go buddy,mine is still quite raw i still working on it when i am roughly done then i will let u see my wip ^ ^.i quite worry as i really not good in mecha parts T_T

Thanks a lot for the suggestions bud, theyve actually been a great help, you brought up a good point especially in relation to tools they would use.

Being so small they would obviously need all the help they could get even though they work in large numbers. Im definately going to try and show the other creatures pain in relation to their joy, that should be another good point of contrast in the final image.

Just have to keep knocking stuff out and see where it takes me.

Old 05 May 2004   #21
Hey, sketchfiend...

Dig your goblin designs, especially the closeup of the goblin head! Nice drawings! Looking forward to seeing your updates! Good luck in the contest.

P.S. Thx for your comments on my machineflesh thread... muchly appreciated.

Old 05 May 2004   #22
Very cool style!

I love your sketches. Nice job.

Force man!

View my project

Old 05 May 2004   #23
Londero and artjunkie thanks a lot for your comments much appreciated, at this stage i could use all the feedback i can get. If anyone has any suggestions/criticisms based on my idea i would love to hear em'.

Have an awesome week everyone and ill try and get more stuff up ASAP.

Old 05 May 2004   #24
I realy like the drawing. but it's a bit to early to give real feedback. waiting for more to come

Me at deviantArt: klick here

Old 05 May 2004   #25
Quote: Originally posted by OrcOYoyo
I realy like the drawing. but it's a bit to early to give real feedback. waiting for more to come

Ive just checked out your Gnome workshop image, damn thats awesome. Must have take a hell of a lot of time, but the results speak for themselves. Excellent work.

Old 05 May 2004   #26
Concept Sketch: MechHead

This a quick sketch and colour concept for one of my workmen BOT characters.

This may be the look im going for with the industrial workmen bots. But im open to anything at this stage, im planning on focusing on the character bodies next. I almost feel ready for knocking out detailed parts, that will come in my next few updates.

25Days 14Hours 54Minutes 48Seconds

Old 05 May 2004   #27
ooo kool is all getting out now ur ideas are somehow there already, its looking great lets work together eh buddy ^ ^
Do u have msn?

Old 05 May 2004   #28
Concept Sketch: Paint BOT

Just started on getting a body figured out for my worker-BOT. Im not sure what i want him doing, i dont mind the paint BOT idea but perhaps he needs some heavier duty equipment, hence ive also just quickly shown a Drilling arm type attachment.

I was also thinking of a Jackhammer, arc welding, cutting blade etc. Anyway, im just going to keep going till i find something that looks good.

25days 8hours 43minutes 54seconds

Old 05 May 2004   #29
There's some real nice ideas here....

How about the gremlins really looking like they've got out fo scale mechanical parts...? So they look like they've nicked them from something bigger... One over-sized arm perhaps..? Or a hat made out of a big mechanical foot...?

I just thought that if they are stealing bits from other machineflesh creatures then they wouldn't necessarily be the right shape or size.

Old 05 May 2004   #30
hey man, the hairy gremlin its very good idea, its very agressive, looks like a war device ready to kill, built by humans... keep up with that

share thread