Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: laverdet

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2004
Line Art: character's head

usually, I go directly into the painting process, without drawing before... but, as I'm searching for a very appealant head, in contrast with the mechanics arms, Ive done that drawing...hope you like it!...

05 May 2004
Wow! Your paints are AWESOME!!! Great colours and concepts! Will be keeping an eye on your progress... nice stuff!

05 May 2004
Coloring WIP: further step

more painting... in this sort of painting, I thgink it's umportant to have parts without definition... wher things are onluy sugered... Hope you like...

05 May 2004
!!!

Hey,

You really are a fantastic colorist, I really like the detail you use and am impressed with how well you do the human form in color. Much Repsect in that regards. In regards to your question: I dont think you are allowed to use 3d in your scene. What you can do though im pretty sure is use 3d as a guide with perspective and shapes and go from there. Anyhow, look forward to updates.

SEL

05 May 2004
Concept Sketch: doodle

Thank you Sel for your warm comments!... I just finish that little sketch... the mood is, imo, interesting... and I am neartly at the end of irongirl... the story here is a sort of fugitive, of course half machine half flesh, sort of idea where the flesh part is also a "savage" one... in the bakcground, a megalopole, but just seeible... Maybe I'll paint it... I paint with a lot of pleasure, as I use 3d since about 2 years, and I "go back" to the feeling of painting which was a litle forgotten!...

Last edited by celmar : 05 May 2004 at 01:07 PM.

05 May 2004
I replied to this thread before the hackers took a week away from us... so here goes again (and then some)...

This work is brilliant!!

You're absolutely knocking it out and it's all top notch. I look forward to seeing what you finally settle on.

i'd agree with a couple of other posts that your rendering and use of colour is fantastic...

05 May 2004
Coloring WIP: fugitive

I'm trying to see if this character goes somewhere... sould want that he "cast" a very "male" feeling, something like a tarzan with robotics parts!...

05 May 2004
man you're so good, your sketches are like final pieces !!! Your colors are amzing and you have such a great sense of light, I'm really amazed !!!

Do you have a website ? I'd to see some of your other stuff

05 May 2004
keep it coming buddy! very cool your concepts and wips!

05 May 2004
Concept Sketch: sentinel

thank you russo and bonestudio!... a little sketch more, which is called "sentinel", hjope it's the english word for people who "whatch at the horizon!...

05 May 2004
Great work...love the figure work, especially Colour WIP.

Fantastic detail and great concepts...

with so many good ideas, it should be a hard choice to decide which to use as your final concept.

I'm waiting for the next installment...

05 May 2004
Hmm Really nice Marcel

Quite different from your 3D challenge too. ..
It's not the same drawing at all .

06 June 2004
Concept Sketch: rockwellian version

I'm not sure that, on a so "non rockwellian" topic, a rockwell approach would be possible... but why not try?..

06 June 2004
Coloring WIP: more paint

one of the fine things with digital painting is that it's match very closely traditional oil painting... here I try to get a "touch" in the Norman Rockwell style, ... a lot of work is coming, I'm afraid!

06 June 2004
Woo, you have some skills, don't you ? I like the way you paint flesh, and your sketches...you have so much facilities to fast-paint...fantastic!
'ld like to see more...
I stay tuned on your thread man.

share thread