Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Rajeev Singh

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2004
Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Rajeev Singh

Rajeev Singh has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

06 June 2004
Concept Sketch: super-rough sketch

Well I think I want the concept to be a futuristic Wizard of Oz holding a mechanical heart in his hand to give to the tin-man. This image is just to give a super-rough idea of the composition & model.

06 June 2004
Time left: 10 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes, 12 seconds

Well this is just nuts. Probability of finishing is close to zero, so I guess I'll just move into the WIP forum when the challenge ends.

I should have a head by this afternoon.

This post has been edited for grammatical purposes.

Last edited by W.I.P : 06 June 2004 at 05:14 PM.

06 June 2004
Modeling: the modelling begins...

A bit fugly but it's a start. The multi-colored objects are a character studio biped that I'm using as an armature.

06 June 2004
Modeling: Head wires

This is probably going to end up as a rather dense mesh.

06 June 2004
Modeling: The Flesh.

Except for the ear, which I just realized I forgot, this is it. This is all the flesh for the image. And posed, too.

06 June 2004
Concept Sketch: mechanical arm concepts

Creating a mechanical arm is a bit more trouble than I expected. I tried and failed a few times in MAX before I decided I needed some sketches to work off of.

06 June 2004
Modeling: hand modelling

Hand model. Took me a lot longer than I wanted, since I'm still not used to modelling mechanical stuffs.

06 June 2004
Modeling: Mechanical Arm

Mostly complete. Still some details missing, but, meh.

06 June 2004
Modeling: Mechanical Arm, again

Another rendering of the mechanical arm. This time with the glass shell parts removed so you can see what's underneath. I used greeble just for the two main cylinders... no point in wasting my time & poly count with details that can't really be seen.

06 June 2004
Modeling: Starting to get somewhere...

I threw the mechanical torso portion and the other hand together really quickly. I'll refine & add to them tomorrow, but I just wanted to get a few things done before I sleep. It's at least beginning to look *almost* like a scene.

06 June 2004
Modeling: the head revisited

Went back and reworked the head since it didn't look very good. He turned out rather mean looking, though. And he's too young -- I don't think he's the Wizard of Oz anymore. Oh well. I'll have to think of a different concept.

06 June 2004
Lighting: Lighting Test

Lighting test, still WIP. Plus I added the background. This is probably my last update, since I have to be at work in a few hours. I might move into the WIP forum this weekend.

06 June 2004
Modeling: last update, probably

Added some details here and there.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread