Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Pop Radu Octavian

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2004
Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Pop Radu Octavian

Pop Radu Octavian has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

06 June 2004
Re: Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Pop Radu Octavian

Quote: Originally posted by pro
Pop Radu Octavian has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

LUCKY FOR US, EINSTEIN WAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE !!!

Yes, you`ve read correctly !!!
Everybody knows that Einsteins brain and eyes were preserved for the passing of time.

But what NOT EVERYBODY KNOWS, is that HE HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE !!!
In the beginning I couldn't belive it myself. Is it possible? But, (and there is always a but), the evidence
grows stronger with each days passing.
How it all started?
Very simple, as any other fact that starts out simple and ends up a wee bit more complicated than it first started.
On the 26th of May, 2004, while browsing the internet, I stumboled upon the "MACHINEFLESH CHALLENGE".
My first thought was that the theme was a nice and compelling one. I decided to join in.
The very next day I received an e-mail message in which I was told not to be afraid ("fear what? The things that are about to follow?.")
because there will be other messages.
The next message anounched me the unbelivable: ALBERT EINSTEIN IS ALLIVE !!!
I couldn't belive my eyes. I thought that it must be some kind of joke, or even a virus.
But no. The messages started and kept pouring in. With each days passing the evidence became numerous and solid.
The last message, received today, stated that I were allowed to make it all public.
I belive that these events regarding Einsteins revival are well connected with me accessing the "MACHINEFLESH CHALLENGE" website.
So, I decided to make it all public, HERE, on my thread.
This is all I know up 'till now :
Einstein's brain was brought back to life using some sort of unknown technologies. His mind is alive.
He can think, he can feel even smell. Yes, he has no nose yet,although he is able to smell.
He is thinking, and I asure you that he is thinking very well.
Concerning the body issue, he informed me that he is doing a complete molecular and celular rebuild, all by himself.
He will look the same as everybody knew him at the age of 50, maybe 60 years. He took that decision justifing that those
years were the happiest of his previous life.
He assured me that I will receive more and more information until the final public appereance.
The D-day being the 15th of June 2004.
Until that day will come I will keep you up to date regarding the evolution process.
Why did he choose me, a poor fellow like myself from Romania?
What kind of technologies he uses for his outstanding and unbelivebable resurection.
Is it human technology?
Is it alien technology?
I don't know that. Yet!
All those questions will have to receive answers.
When I'll know, be sure that you'll know.

Your humble servant,
pro

P.S. While most of you might think that I've gone mad, well
I can assure you that this is not the case.
It seems that this is the moment of my life.
I'll do my best not to disappoint you guys.

06 June 2004

Yes, you`ve read correctly !!!
Everybody knows that Einsteins brain and eyes were preserved for the passing of time.

But what NOT EVERYBODY KNOWS, is that HE HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE !!!
In the beginning I couldn't belive it myself. Is it possible? But, (and there is always a but), the evidence
grows stronger with each days passing.
How it all started?
Very simple, as any other fact that starts out simple and ends up a wee bit more complicated than it first started.
On the 26th of May, 2004, while browsing the internet, I stumboled upon the "MACHINEFLESH CHALLENGE".
My first thought was that the theme was a nice and compelling one. I decided to join in.
The very next day I received an e-mail message in which I was told not to be afraid ("fear what? The things that are about to follow?.")
because there will be other messages.
The next message anounched me the unbelivable: ALBERT EINSTEIN IS ALLIVE !!!
I couldn't belive my eyes. I thought that it must be some kind of joke, or even a virus.
But no. The messages started and kept pouring in. With each days passing the evidence became numerous and solid.
The last message, received today, stated that I were allowed to make it all public.
I belive that these events regarding Einsteins revival are well connected with me accessing the "MACHINEFLESH CHALLENGE" website.
So, I decided to make it all public, HERE, on my thread.
This is all I know up 'till now :
Einstein's brain was brought back to life using some sort of unknown technologies. His mind is alive.
He can think, he can feel even smell. Yes, he has no nose, yet he is able to smell.
He is thinking, and I asure you that he is thinking bery well.
Concerning the body issue, he imfromed me that he is doing a complete molecular and celular rebuilding, all by himself.
He will look the same as everybody knew him at the age of 50, maybe 60 years. He took that decision justifing that those
years were the happiest of his previous life.
He assured me that I will receive more an more information until the final public appereance.
The D-day being the 15th of June 2004.
Until that day will come I will keep you up to date regarding the evolution process.
Why did he choose me, a poor fellow like myself from Romania?
What kind of technologies he uses for his outstanding and unbelivebable resurection.
Is it human technology?
Is it alien technology?
I don't know that. Yet!
All those questions will have to receive answers.
When I'll know, be sure that you'll also know.

Your humble servant,
pro

P.S. While most of you might think that I've gone mad, well
I can assure you that this is not the case.
It seems that this is the moment of my life.
I'll do my best not to disappoint you guys.LUCKY FOR US, EINSTEIN WAS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE !!!

06 June 2004
Concept Sketch: Concept - Einstein ressurection

Einstein`s brain is comunicating with the world and is rebuilding himself using a strange machine. It`s unknown if the technologis used are humen or alien.

06 June 2004
Concept Sketch: Einstein`s Resurrection - lineart

Because it`s a must, i`ved made all by myself this astonishing piece of art.
Sorry, that my best shot.

pro

06 June 2004
Modeling: Einstein`s head

Head and skull

06 June 2004
Modeling: Head - no textures

Einstein`s head - not recognaizable yet
Still, there are hopes.

pro

06 June 2004
Texturing: Einstein`s head - very fast texturing

One step closer.
Textures were made very very fast.
Just to see if I`m on the right direction. For hair was used Saslite. This is my only tool for hair rendering.

06 June 2004
Rendering: Einstein`s Resurrection - scene

My scene will look something like this.
I entered very late and I didn`t finished the modeling yet.
Mabe in 3-5 days for modeling and other 3 to 4 days for texturing and rendering will be enought.
If not, will meet in the next challange.
Some of you finished your works. Lucky you.
Good luck everybody.

06 June 2004
Modeling: The spine

Initially I intended to build only the head, but I will modell the thorax (with the lungs and the heart inside)
and one or both arms. The spine is finished.

06 June 2004
Modeling: Head&Thorax

I`m still modeling. The thorax is ready.The humerus bone too.
Time is pressing. The bones are made from some sort of unknown elastic and metalic material.

06 June 2004
Pushing forward very quickly POP..............Einstien would love this...Nice concept/idea........................you did start late POp.But don't worry about finishing if it will compromise your work,if you can great....................but if not it would be best to give some extra time and give your creation the justice it deserves.......................After the challenge.........Good luck,and I'll be about 10.000 Kilo's away hammering away with you,you are not alone.........................

06 June 2004
Thank you Michael.
Thanks for breaking the ice. It`s good not to be allone. Your very nice words gaved me a great joy.
I`ve seen yor work, and it`s very encouraging to have support from a master like you.
Indeed, I did start very late. I`ll do my best to finish it in time. Maybe it`s not enought time to put all my ideas inside,
but I`ll try to finish my work into a decent manner.
If not, like you said, there is plenty of time after.
Thank again, and

Happy hammering.

06 June 2004
Rendering: Scene-nodetailsyet

Finally, I finished my composition. This is the last version (you have seen only one).
The huge screen in the background is something like the charmed mirror
from the White Snow and the 7 Midgets tale.
Throught this screen, Einstein`s brain can see and talk with the others.
The scene was rendered using FPrime.
FPrime rocks!!!!!!
Due to endless rendering capabilities and having the posibility to continue (not to start over) a previous render job
FPrime is a huge time saver sollution, especially now, when time is so short. And it`s rendering very fast too.
Lightwavers, in my opinnion, FPrime it`s a must.
Now it`s time for details.
Many textures are done, but a lot of objects and details are not built yet.
Not to mention the lights setup and the textures for the hole scene.
Back to work.

06 June 2004
Your concept looks really cool Pro , keep it up . The deadline is very close , you can give it a try .

share thread