Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Alex Dahm

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
No such thing as "too crazy". Your idea is coming along nicely but it needs some more ideas and thinking to be applicable.

Maybe you should incorporate an old tree as the mansion of these creatures or something.

My MachineFlesh Challenge entry

04 April 2004
tank style hmmm..... GREAT

funny concept, fill it with details and more ideas. It's gonna be on the edge.

04 April 2004
Hey really cute mushroom you have hehe, how abt a turrent somewhere?? Very nice, maybe make it fatter? Would look more sturdy and cuter :P just an idea. The tracks details are great man. Would look cute with more armour also hehe

04 April 2004
thanks for the comments folks! you've put me on a new tangent....and just when I was getting stuck lol

Think i'll make him MORE tank like, with a gnome or something on top firing an acorn cannon at the pig thats chasing! Woohoo

04 April 2004
Modeling: tankshroom

First work on the new improved tankshroom! using the old tracks/wheels as I think they have a nice old fashioned look to em. Made the shroom way fatter, added a furnace, with a platform and coal hopper behind it where im going to have a gnomey thing shovelling in coal from the hopper. The dangling bit is a rope ladder, hope thats obvious.

The bits you can see sticking out front are the controls for the tracks, a lever each side ( one per track, like the old ww1 tanks had ), which the shroom himself is going to operate, will post some better views of those after I've fiddled with them a bit.

I dediced to give him "natural" arms, a bit of poetic license...going for the root look but i think they still need a bit of work. not sure if just having some tendrils hanging down will do the trick or not, c&c appreciated.

04 April 2004
Modeling: Furnace goblin

This is the head for the goblin i'm going to have shovelling coal into the furnace.

I cant decide if i should go for a "happier" lookin critter or not. Plus this guy is a bit close to smeagol, although thats prob the current plain grey mat i have wacked on him as much as anything.

comments please! :D

04 April 2004
Modeling: My first semi rigged char ever! WOOHOO!

Well heres a quick test with me goblin coal shoveller at his job! he hasnt got a shovel yet, and i gotta say im dammmmmn happy hes so small in the final scene, cause I only started learning 6weeks ago and havent ever modelled or rigged a character before. :)

oh yeah, gotta give him a leaf or some pants or something to...maybe just a leather apron thingy? as always c&c appreciated

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread