Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Aaron Reid

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: Aaron Reid

Aaron Reid has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

03 March 2004
Well well Mixolydian...glad to see that you are entering the challenge. This sounds like your cup of tea. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

04 April 2004
Concept Sketch: nanobot swarm concept

Concept image of nanobot swarm caught transmorgrifying between swarm/human form.

04 April 2004
Freaky futuristic concept. I like it!

Show me some 3d!!!!

04 April 2004
Good idea. But I think its is gonna be hard to make. You must make a viewer notice that they are nanobots without telling him.

04 April 2004
Cool idea. Sounds a bit like the novel Prey.

04 April 2004
WOW impressive scene!

It's like an illustration of a book. Idea goes well with this excellent style of art.

04 April 2004
-- at133 -- But I think its is gonna be hard to make. You must make a viewer notice that they are nanobots without telling him. --

I agree completely, which is why I will have to take some license to evoke that feeling, i.e. make some iterative process where globs of nanobots are forming larger structures in order to show the machine component, instead of just a cloud of nanites. Hopefully it won't come out looking contrived. I also think I might add in other body parts in separate areas forming at the same time... torso, arms, legs.

thanks vrf

thanks Tremosite, your entry is looking fantastic!

04 April 2004
Modeling: initial head modeling

head modeling in progress... first pass.

04 April 2004
Modeling: head wireframe

wireframe... poly's.

04 April 2004
You could try moving camera into one of the nanobots streams and focus it ont the head from that point.

04 April 2004

Beaufifull, concept! It will be a great piece of Art ! I had suggested something like that (Cloud of nanocreatures which form different parts) to someonelse, i hope you'll finishing that ! It's an Amazing Vision!

04 April 2004
Ok very space your concept but i like it

04 April 2004
Hey this is looking great! I love the expression on the person's face. I am curious to see how you'll do the nanobot swarms.

Post more soon please.

04 April 2004
Nice work man!

Do you use something for symmetry? It looks assym, but it's a very impressive way if you want to create a lifelike character with emotions and expressions. congarts!!

share thread