SMC 41 (4-20 to 5-4)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2010
Originally Posted by HCGremlin: it had to be done

45 minutes

http://www.shonmitchell.com/images/StaplerScreens.jpg

Ha haha! Well, this is probably common knowledge at this point, but I'll say it anyway: did you know the red Swingline wasn't produced until Office Space featured one? It was first produced 3 years after Office Space was released.

It's been a while since I've submitted anything (busy busy), but I wanted to stop in and see what everyone was doing. Things are looking good! I especially like the extra time folks are putting in to texturing and rendering they're finished products.

BTW: I love the "Concept Modeling" idea. I might jump on one of those the next chance I get.

04 April 2010
Originally Posted by God-Of-Zilla: Very nice.

Thanks!

04 April 2010
This is the first time I have had a go at one of these Speed Modelling sessions, I thought it was time I had a try! It hasn't turned out as well as I wanted it to, the handle is my biggest gripe, but oh well! I also need to work on my presentation/lighting skills.

Teapot - 1hr and 15 minutes.

Last edited by aichnas : 04 April 2010 at 07:40 PM.

05 May 2010
My first go at speed modelling. I chose the parking meter and started working off this reference: http://www.richmond.gov.uk/parking-meter-1.jpg

I'm not too pleased with my first attempt, I made a few mistakes with the actual topology of the model and I spent a bit too much time thinking about what to do next, and therefore not getting it done in time. Either way, it was good practice and I'm going to have another go at something on the list.

Edit: Forgot to add that I done this within a 2 hour time limit.

Anyway, here's the wireframe.

And the clean shot.

Last edited by NasserC : 05 May 2010 at 08:25 PM.

05 May 2010
about 1 hour of work, maybe someday i will make some textures for it

about 2 and a half hours, i lost too much time thinking on a easy way to do the wires on the wheel but i gave up and did them by hand =/, if someone knows how to do those wires in a easy way please tell me.

Last edited by Rafa-el : 05 May 2010 at 02:18 AM.

05 May 2010
Bull, 45 minutes

Messed up the texture real bad, just had to try a go at the bull though.

See you guys in the next session.

05 May 2010

A somewhat sloppy entry, but learned a few things from it.

05 May 2010
Concept sofa-jacket 2 hrs done in 2011

Hey guys, some nice work so far.

Been planning since I read it on the list, just got some time today for modelling.
2 hrs for the modelling and about 20 min for setting the lights.

Modelled this in 2011, quite good IMO.

Thanks for concept titles.

05 May 2010
You guys really put some effort in it. I like it.

@Rafa-el

Sadly I do not know much about max, but in maya doing spokes is rather easy. You create one spoke, move its pivot to the middle of the hub and then you do a duplicate special command. You set the number of spokes you want and the degrees between them. And voila, you're done. As I said, don't know about max, but there should be a similar command.

05 May 2010
Modeling: 1.20 hour
Texturing : 7 min

Modeling: 35 min
Texturing: 3 min

05 May 2010
Concept Shield

A collab I did with my uni friend.

Modelling in under 3 hours.

05 May 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread