Congratulations.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #32
bane87
Veteran

portfolio
Branislav Bogdanovic
Belgrade, Serbia

Send a message via MSN to bane87
Completely agree with everyone, this is tremendous work!!!

I just dont know why is this in 3D stills, and not 3D choice Galley... CGTalk's criteria is being funny lately

Old 07-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #33
mathiasberglund
Veteran
portfolio
Mathias Berglund
3D Generalist / Enthusiast
Unemployed
Kristianstad, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by zokana
Otherwise i really love your work, vitorugo, but imho youíve made an unfortunate choice of reference here.

The content isnít that sharp intellectually - not really political, just some rassistic undertone. The piece is simply playing with skin colours, implying: What does this little black guy care about white peopleís business? Perhaps i donít fully understand the joke, but the connotation is offending.

Can you elaborate further? I must have missed something, but I only see an afro american kid in a captain america suit stepping in on a bully who's on to a whimpier nerd kid? Whats racist about one kid stepping in for another kid on a bully?

Great peice of work, I love the stylization you got going as well.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #34
vitorugo
Ahoy!

portfolio
Victor Hugo Queiroz
3D artist
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to vitorugo Send a message via AIM to vitorugo Send a message via MSN to vitorugo

Thanks guys for your awesome feedback!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callegaro
Hello man!!! amazing lightning and composition, congratulation !
This grass is fur or Photo??? can you show us the clay render too

Thanks dude! About the grass, it's a mix of a plugin called autograss for vray and some different plants scattered throug the ground! And here's the clay! Hope you like it! =)

Quote:
Otherwise i really love your work, vitorugo, but imho youíve made an unfortunate choice of reference here.

The content isnít that sharp intellectually - not really political, just some rassistic undertone. The piece is simply playing with skin colours, implying: What does this little black guy care about white peopleís business? Perhaps i donít fully understand the joke, but the connotation is offending.

Sorry pal, but I think that you're going in a too negative way in a positive message. When I saw this work for the first time the first thing that came to my mind was "Protect the weaker, even in the face of a greater danger", really, it reminds me hope and altruism, not racism... in the way that you say, if I put 3 white guys it's was supposed to be everything ok for you? Or if the bully was a black dude, it was going to be racist too because de agressor it's a black person? Or worst, if the nerd was the black one, the racist message it will be "black people are weak"? For me, thinking in that way is racism. Sorry if I offended you, but I really don't think that there's a hidden racism message in here.

Online Portfolio

Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #35
TheTurner
Frequenter

portfolio
Joshua Turner
Character Artist
USA

Send a message via AIM to TheTurner
Thumbs up

Nice Job!! Love the cloth and color work!!

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jturner3d

Old 07-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #36
FernandoHerrera
Veteran

portfolio
Fernando Herrera
Character Animator
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Sorry I couldn't add more smiley faces. lol.

Amazing work as usual man, have to agree with everyone, it might be your best work so far.

Cheers!

Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #37
danpetro222
portfolio
danilo athayde petronilho silva
sao paulo, Brazil

Quote:

Man, you are crazy? there is no racism or offenses on the image

Old 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #38
korky
Humble artist

portfolio
Maxim Kadashov
Freelancer
St.Petersburg, Russia

Thumbs up

ooh, excellent work!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #39
zokana
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Zoltan Kanabe
Zurich, Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorugo
Sorry pal, but I think that you're going in a too negative way in a positive message. When I saw this work for the first time the first thing that came to my mind was "Protect the weaker, even in the face of a greater danger", really, it reminds me hope and altruism, not racism... in the way that you say, if I put 3 white guys it's was supposed to be everything ok for you? Or if the bully was a black dude, it was going to be racist too because de agressor it's a black person? Or worst, if the nerd was the black one, the racist message it will be "black people are weak"? For me, thinking in that way is racism. Sorry if I offended you, but I really don't think that there's a hidden racism message in here.

Okay then, so i must have completely misunderstood the picture. And i thought it's supposed to be funny - something like an editorial cartoon, a caricature.

Perhaps the not funny but most serious positive message is not well elaborated here. What about an old, socially disadvantaged person instead of the white frightened kid, having then more attributes than just the body size and the skin colours.

I certainly respect you as a highly skilled artist, but this one is staying a controversial piece in my eyes, which is definitely not my negative mind..

Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #40
muckymouse
Flower Eater

portfolio
Andy Runyon
USA

I am in awe. The quality is so great that you are completely taken into the moment and feeling of the shot. It takes a while to begin to notice the poses are amazing and the lighting is perfect, not to mention the models are filled with life and character.

It's not too often that I forget what I'm looking at when browsing 3d images. Congrats on such a wonderful piece!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #41
vitorugo
Ahoy!

portfolio
Victor Hugo Queiroz
3D artist
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to vitorugo Send a message via AIM to vitorugo Send a message via MSN to vitorugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoHerrera

Sorry I couldn't add more smiley faces. lol.

Amazing work as usual man, have to agree with everyone, it might be your best work so far.

Cheers!

hahaha! Hey Ferdinando! I'm really glad that you like it! Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckymouse
I am in awe. The quality is so great that you are completely taken into the moment and feeling of the shot. It takes a while to begin to notice the poses are amazing and the lighting is perfect, not to mention the models are filled with life and character.

It's not too often that I forget what I'm looking at when browsing 3d images. Congrats on such a wonderful piece!

Woah! Thanks Andy for your awesome words! It's really motivates me! Thanks! =)

Quote:
Okay then, so i must have completely misunderstood the picture. And i thought it's supposed to be funny - something like an editorial cartoon, a caricature.

Perhaps the not funny but most serious positive message is not well elaborated here. What about an old, socially disadvantaged person instead of the white frightened kid, having then more attributes than just the body size and the skin colours.

I certainly respect you as a highly skilled artist, but this one is staying a controversial piece in my eyes, which is definitely not my negative mind..

I'm really sorry that you have this POV about my pic, dude, but I respect it!
Peace!

Online Portfolio

Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #42
zokana
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Zoltan Kanabe
Zurich, Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitorugo
I'm really sorry that you have this POV about my pic, dude, but I respect it!
Peace!

My critique has nothing to do either with your work, or with you as a person (especially not when having adapted the piece), but also not with my personal feelings. Itís concerning a concept which could raise imo angry letters to an editor as a standalone cartoon without context.

The work nonetheless technically outstanding, and from this point of view congratulations on the award!

Wishing you all the best!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #43
Zeoyn
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Jose Alves da Silva
Freelance Character Artist
Lisbon, Portugal

A very well deserved award. Congratulations!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #44
vitorugo
Ahoy!

portfolio
Victor Hugo Queiroz
3D artist
Sao Paulo, Brazil

I don't have words to express how AWESOME is this for me!! Thank you CGTalk!
HEEEELL YEAAAAAH!

Online Portfolio

Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #45
mathiasberglund
Veteran
portfolio
Mathias Berglund
3D Generalist / Enthusiast
Unemployed