Jonas, Zbynek Kysela (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2011
one of the most realistic portraits i`ve ever seen. it surely deserves the choice award. stunning work.

06 June 2011
Originally Posted by fantasizer: Unbelievable. I think he's living in a perfect world. There's no spot in the skin. Color is uniform throughout the entire model. There's no stain in the shirt. The random lips texture looks unnatural. His eyes look very young. Maybe these are the reasons why it's not shown in the front page.

Let's see your work...I bet you can't even get near the quality of this guy's work...

06 June 2011
Its pretty awesome job. Excellent render.

06 June 2011
Absolutely stunning... Just perfect...

06 June 2011
Originally Posted by TimeBandit: Let's see your work...I bet you can't even get near the quality of this guy's work...

Most of his comments are good, no matter if he's the best or the worst artist ever. The only comment i don't agree with is the shirt one, the rest is spot on.

That said this image is fantastic.

06 June 2011
insane portrait

06 June 2011
Superbe work!

06 June 2011
Originally Posted by ThirdEye: Most of his comments are good, no matter if he's the best or the worst artist ever. The only comment i don't agree with is the shirt one, the rest is spot on.

That said this image is fantastic.

I second that, and find it unfair when people refer to skills concerning the ability to critique a picture. We all have eyes and know how reality looks like.

I agree with fantasizer especially about the eyes - personally iím missing the wetness there many old eyes actually have. The piece is technically outstanding and simply stunning, but on the other hand not a picture i would hang up on my wall.

06 June 2011
very realistic..congratulations... pls tutorial... for example : shaders networks, textures and render setings... thx..

Last edited by bymak : 06 June 2011 at 11:12 AM.

06 June 2011
well, you achieved your goal

06 June 2011
Originally Posted by TimeBandit: Let's see your work...I bet you can't even get near the quality of this guy's work...

Can i make something like this? No not in a million years and it really is a terrific image, but the guy you are critiquing the reply is right in all words.

The OP will probably get a more valuable response from fantasizer's post than all the other praising posts.

Its an amazing work but it is not yet completely realistic, but an amazing work nevertheless, and if there would a be some DOF it could even mistaken some people that they were looking at a Portrait taken with a 85mm (or 50mm) 1.2/1.4 Lens

06 June 2011
great sculpt.

sadly the moment it starts moving the uncanny valley will creep in.

06 June 2011
So good its scary!

You said this was your last work! Oh I hope it isn't!

06 June 2011
Whatever the other geniuses say, I thought it was a real photo, and even now when I look closer. It is probably the best cg face that I have ever seen since Benjamin Button. 100% real in my humble opinion.

I also like very much the mood of the picture, it's really like a driver's license / old man next door, which for my taste adds even more realism: the style of the picture goes very well with the style of your subject. Extraordinary!!! I think it's my favorite sculpting yet.

Last edited by RickToxik : 06 June 2011 at 04:12 PM.

06 June 2011
Great work man!

reply share thread