Close Up portraits, David Moratilla Amago (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2011   #61
Originally Posted by Johnz250: Bla bla bla... who cares all your bla bla bla Fernando! is such a gorgeous work!
(I think someone is very, very jealous ...)
I'll tell you what: Use all that experience and make a render better than this. be productive!
Be happy!

thats so true and always what i think of too much criticism of people that have no portfolio
and even dont know how to reach such high Q standard

1st reach that standard so you know what you are going to talk about
2nd talk about , give reasonable critics and try to eliminate subjective influence in your cirtic

no offend, just my few cents

cheers

Old 06 June 2011   #62
Originally Posted by fernando749845: I don't know, feels like a Daz3D model render to me...

(okay, bring it on... )

You see, that right there is straight troll material. The last line even asks for an argument!

But far, far more importantly, those pics are STUNNING! Top work mate, a great example of fine detail married with flawless beauty

Old 06 June 2011   #63
art

excellent work

Old 06 June 2011   #64
Fantastic

This is certainly among the most realistic and tasteful renders I have ever seen.

Old 06 June 2011   #65
Great Work!

As everyone else has already stated " Simply Amazing" fantastic work. By the way do you have, or know of a great hair tutorial like in your work here? Hair is something I have yet to learn..

Old 06 June 2011   #66
Thank you very much for the support¡

Originally Posted by rdeyoung: What is your technique for doing the "peach fuzz?" It really adds to the amount of realism to this image

I think is a combination of the sss shader, the lightning and the fur.
There is only one light in the scene, and I think that makes the fur more visible in the "penumbra" areas.
The fur itself has nothing special. Only different orientations, leghts and width, depending on the areas.

Originally Posted by LashkoAlex: Any tips for setting up/rendering hair with shave and haircut? Would totally appreciate sharing your knowledge. Cheers!

Originally Posted by abeaver: By the way do you have, or know of a great hair tutorial like in your work here? Hair is something I have yet to learn..

I will try to explain the technique I used for the hair. I am not a hair expert, this is the first time I play with hairs. Maybe there are better ways to create this, but this is what i found the best.

There are two parts, the generation and the shading:

For the geometry generation, I made many tests to create the haircut that I wanted, and was so painful. The best I found, was shave and haircut, using nurbs curves to create the hair (Something like a loft, but with hairs). With this method I could control the style of the hairs. For that, select 2 or more curves, create the hair and select “Interpolate Guides”.
I created different hair systems to give some variety. If you only create only one, it looks very “smooth”.

Note: This geometry is the collision mesh that I used for the hair. The ears are smoothed to avoid problems with the hair dynamic simulation.

For the shader, I used “shaders_p” hair system. I tested different shaders and this was the one that gave me the best results.

It´s availabe here:
http://www.puppet.tfdv.com/download/shaders_p_e.shtml

For using that shader instead of the shave and harcut one, you have to uncheck “OverrideGeomShader”. Then you can apply the shader that you want to the hair system.

Here is a good tutorial using that shader system:
http://www.djx.com.au/blog/2009/04/...hader_replacer/

Again, I made different shaders to give some variations (mainly in the position of the specular)

Thanks¡

Old 06 June 2011   #67
Thanks a lot for the precious explanations AND links !
I discovered your picture this monday morning on It's Art forum. First i got impressed. Then i got angry. Then i fired up Maya and spent the whole day working on SSS. And it's far from a success, well, anyway xD

Took me a while to find the fur on you model... hey it's here, on the left corner ! ok very subtle.

I believe you when you say it's painful to make hairs... i already spent weeks on Shave & Haircut so i know EXACTLY what you're talking about ^^;
But I never used those special shaders you talked about, so now i have a new goal in life coz i love hairs , thanks

Old 06 June 2011   #68
Man, it seems REAL !!! Great texture and rendering job.

Old 06 June 2011   #69
Thanks for sharing with the hair techniques.

Old 06 June 2011   #70
hey David, if you're still not tired of awnsering questions maybe you could also share a bit of what you did with the eyes? like the pieces u've modeled and a little about shader or any reflection trick u might be using? thanks

Old 06 June 2011   #71
Appreciate it very helpful. I will play around with this and see what i can accomplish

Old 06 June 2011   #72
Originally Posted by FabioMSilva: hey David, if you're still not tired of awnsering questions maybe you could also share a bit of what you did with the eyes? like the pieces u've modeled and a little about shader or any reflection trick u might be using? thanks

I am going to create a making of, similar to the one that i create for the "poker master" image,
i think i will cover all the parts of the image

Thanks¡

Old 06 June 2011   #73
Great, a making of, i'm looking forward to this

I've read somwhere that you can use RVB channels to help making the SSS maps (i didn't know), i wonder if you used that technique. Anyway i should just wait for that making off

I've already read the Poker Master one but of course the skin is very different LOL

Old 07 July 2011   #74
Brilliant

Excellent Stuff. Very inspirational!!

Old 07 July 2011   #75
i often wonder when viewing promoted images that have been released years ago.

your design and renders are nice, however we wonder how mesh is not rendered as in your reel... with textures and lighting. what is your rigging for ?
is this for still ?

congratds btw

Thread Closed share thread