Close Up portraits, David Moratilla Amago (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2011   #46
Hi guys, again thank you very much for the comments

Originally Posted by zhbj420: fantastic man! some rendering tips please,did you render it by one shot, or passes? and the hair also.

I made different render layer and passes, in order to have more control in postpro. I made passes for hair, fur, eyelashes, eyebrowns, eyes, specular, reflections..
I also descomposed the sss shader. I configured the shader to render only diffuse, epidermal, subdermal, back, and the merge in photoshop with screen blending mode. This is the same that modifying the weight values in the shader, but with more control and in less testing time.

Originally Posted by rdeyoung: You mentioned you used Shave and a Hair Cut for the hair and then Maya fur. What exactly did you use the maya fur for? And what did you use Shave and a hair cut for specifically?

I used maya fur for only for the facial hair. Shave and haircut was used for the hair.

Old 06 June 2011   #47
Originally Posted by dmoratilla:
I used maya fur for only for the facial hair. Shave and haircut was used for the hair.

I see.

What is your technique for doing the "peach fuzz?" It really adds to the amount of realism to this image. I think its amazing. Really well done sir. Definitely an inspiring piece of work.

Old 06 June 2011   #48
I don't know, feels like a Daz3D model render to me...

(okay, bring it on... )

Old 06 June 2011   #49
Thumbs up Loved It

Awesome work, I could have sworn it was a photo rather then a cg model, Great job!!

Old 06 June 2011   #50
absolutely perfect!!!

Old 06 June 2011   #51
Uff! te has pasado, que bueno...

Awesome!! The only thing I see a little strange to me is the teeth in the first image, maybe too bright?
BTW it would be nice to have a tuto for the main techniques you used.

Old 06 June 2011   #52
Originally Posted by fernando749845: I don't know, feels like a Daz3D model render to me...

Dont worry, eventually you can train your eye to distinguish different levels of complexity in the works you see. Keep learning!
regards

Old 06 June 2011   #53
Congrats on this stunning piece of art. The bar has been raised once again. Any tips for setting up/rendering hair with shave and haircut? Would totally appreciate sharing your knowledge. Cheers!

Old 06 June 2011   #54
Originally Posted by Johnz250: Dont worry, eventually you can train your eye to distinguish different levels of complexity in the works you see. Keep learning!
regards

Ah, mistaking me for the rookie. This is going to be fun

Check this list:

- the irises are too big, a very common beginner's mistake when modeling an eye system
- the face is (too) symmetrical which makes it far from realistic (in real life NO faces are symmetrical or too symmetrical)
- the peach fuzz is completely missing which gives the skin a harsh look in some areas
- the reflection in the eyewhite is too smooth/clean (that part of the eye is a bit rough as opposed to the lens which is smooth)
- the teeth look like plastic halloween glue-ons
- the face has no expression whatsoever and a young woman's skin is probably the easiest (=least difficult) of all (which makes this entry not suitable for this gallery when compared with far more challenging entries)

Furthermore, I thought I had seen this model at the Daz3D store, but now after reading the accompanying text I now see that this model is based on Ballistic's Essence the face of which I have a copy and the dvd at my office.

So this guy didn't even create the textures him self. Yes, those birthmarks on here nose, her cheek and the masked pimple on her chin are right off the photo, taken by someone else, no texture painting there.

Of course it's a common habit to use other people's photos/textures, but if it's the main event in your render and it's not your art, then your render certainly doesn't belong in this gallery.

And by the way, Ballistic is closely linked to CGSociety. Maybe even some co-writers of this Essence book are on the CGSociety's jury?

So what message is this: buy our book, do our tutorial and we'll publish your first attempt in our prestigious cg choice gallery? Conflicting interests can't be right?

No, this following character raised the bar some time ago, and hasn't found its match yet:

http://features.cgsociety.org/newga...21510_large.jpg

Now that is a character that has charisma and the artist has a deep understanding of the V-ray shading system so that he doesn't need to mask shader errors with black and white.

Johnz250, I think I can say that you are the one who should do a lot more studying and looking at 3D models and especially photos. And maybe after dealing with photorealistic 3D for more than 6 years like me you can see what I can see today. Until then a little modesty would be nice

And for everyone who can't distinguish this eye system from a photograph, well... you're still an innocent beginner (no offense). Take a look at the Essence's dvd photos and maybe then you'll see what I mean. I didn't learn much from that book, but I'm sure you will pick up lots of good stuff: http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/essence/face/ (don't buy just the book, the good stuff is on the dvd)

That said, this render is okay, but that's just all.

Old 06 June 2011   #55
Perfect realism, congratulations!

http://www.javierhmolina.blogspot.com

Old 06 June 2011   #56
Hi¡

fernando749845: I really don´t understand why you are so anger.

I created the texture from those photos and I said it. whats the problem using photos?? Should I had taken the photos myself??
I paid for that dvd and I think that i can use that photos for my works in the way that I want..
Other people pay for 3dsk or any other texture site, or pay for a plugin, or any other thing . I think there is not problem with that.

Of course no daz3D here, I would had said that

Thanks all¡

Old 06 June 2011   #57
yap....i agree with you..... why like that...... we should appreciate others work or give our idea or comment if we know that other artist may improved she/he to be more better .why don't we keep quite rather than to say something .................i don't know...we should thanks like those many talented artist to shared there works because its inspired us to do better artworks also.
Job:1:21 Naked i come from my mother’s womb, and naked i will depart, the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away,may the name of the Lord be praise.

Old 06 June 2011   #58
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fernando749845: Ah, mistaking me for the rookie. This is going to be fun

Check this list:

- the irises are too big, a very common beginner's mistake when modeling an eye system
- the face is (too) symmetrical which makes it far from realistic (in real life NO faces are symmetrical or too symmetrical)
- the peach fuzz is completely missing which gives the skin a harsh look in some areas
- the reflection in the eyewhite is too smooth/clean (that part of the eye is a bit rough as opposed to the lens which is smooth)
- the teeth look like plastic halloween glue-ons
- the face has no expression whatsoever and a young woman's skin is probably the easiest (=least difficult) of all (which makes this entry not suitable for this gallery when compared with far more challenging entries)

Furthermore, I thought I had seen this model at the Daz3D store, but now after reading the accompanying text I now see that this model is based on Ballistic's Essence the face of which I have a copy and the dvd at my office.

So this guy didn't even create the textures him self. Yes, those birthmarks on here nose, her cheek and the masked pimple on her chin are right off the photo, taken by someone else, no texture painting there.

Of course it's a common habit to use other people's photos/textures, but if it's the main event in your render and it's not your art, then your render certainly doesn't belong in this gallery.

And by the way, Ballistic is closely linked to CGSociety. Maybe even some co-writers of this Essence book are on the CGSociety's jury?

So what message is this: buy our book, do our tutorial and we'll publish your first attempt in our prestigious cg choice gallery? Conflicting interests can't be right?

No, this following character raised the bar some time ago, and hasn't found its match yet:

http://features.cgsociety.org/newga...21510_large.jpg

Now that is a character that has charisma and the artist has a deep understanding of the V-ray shading system so that he doesn't need to mask shader errors with black and white.

Johnz250, I think I can say that you are the one who should do a lot more studying and looking at 3D models and especially photos. And maybe after dealing with photorealistic 3D for more than 6 years like me you can see what I can see today. Until then a little modesty would be nice

And for everyone who can't distinguish this eye system from a photograph, well... you're still an innocent beginner (no offense). Take a look at the Essence's dvd photos and maybe then you'll see what I mean. I didn't learn much from that book, but I'm sure you will pick up lots of good stuff: http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/essence/face/ (don't buy just the book, the good stuff is on the dvd)

That said, this render is okay, but that's just all.

i cant agree with you in many of your points.
like the teeth. i think they are quite realistic.
compared to other pictures they are even very good.

ver nice work

Old 06 June 2011   #59
Originally Posted by fernando749845: Ah, mistaking me for the rookie. This is going to be fun

l.

im sorry, but just who are you? im curious to see your work now

Old 06 June 2011   #60
Bla bla bla... who cares all your bla bla bla Fernando! is such a gorgeous work!
(I think someone is very, very jealous ...)
I'll tell you what: Use all that experience and make a render better than this. be productive!
Be happy!

Thread Closed share thread