Close Up portraits, David Moratilla Amago (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2011
Thumbs up

Amazing work and cute girl.
its look like a photo taken by SLR.
CONGRATS.

06 June 2011
It's funny how imperfections can bring a 3D model to life, as people try so hard to make real women dolls

AMAZING WORK!

06 June 2011
this is just amazing. another step up in cg human creations.
may i ask you how u did the tearline shader? i assume its with some mia material, but how you get this results? whenever i use it i always get extreme ammount of reflections on it..

06 June 2011
I love her

06 June 2011
Originally Posted by Delcio: It's funny how imperfections can bring a 3D model to life, as people try so hard to make real women dolls

Dude, the best philosophical comment about 3D hyperrealism so far...

06 June 2011
Woah , If I've found that at Deviantart I could though it's real photo .

06 June 2011
Hi guys, thank you very much for the comments, really appreciate

Originally Posted by FabioMSilva: may i ask you how u did the tearline shader? i assume its with some mia material, but how you get this results? whenever i use it i always get extreme ammount of reflections on it..

The shader of the tearline is a normal transparent blinn with the diffuse color to 0. I made different tests and with this was ok.
I think that the key here is that the window reflected is a hdr texture, mapped on an environent sphere. This gives you reflection only in the areas with more light.

Originally Posted by Johnz250:
Originally Posted by Delcio: It's funny how imperfections can bring a 3D model to life, as people try so hard to make real women dolls

Dude, the best philosophical comment about 3D hyperrealism so far...

Totally agree with you guys. In this zbrush screenshot you can see the final geometry of the model. With this I generated a normal map that is applied in maya to the hi-res geometry.

As you can see, it´s not a perfect geometry, I spent some time “breaking” the original 3D geometry. This details are not so much visible at the final renders (depends on the lightning, sss shading, etc) but they are still there, and I think that gives an extra point.
Also, I think that fur is also essential to give a real appearance to all organic 3D renders.

06 June 2011
thanks for the Reply David

06 June 2011
Very nice design !
Keep it up Bro'

06 June 2011
Really great work ! So much realism... Congrats !

06 June 2011
Love her!
So amazing work!

06 June 2011
fantastic man! some rendering tips please,did you render it by one shot, or passes? and the hair also.

06 June 2011
Very well done, congrats!
Keep it up!

06 June 2011
You mentioned you used Shave and a Hair Cut for the hair and then Maya fur. What exactly did you use the maya fur for? And what did you use Shave and a hair cut for specifically?

Amazing Job!!!

Thread Closed share thread