***elevator***, The Black Tulip (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2002   #1
***ELEVATOR*** Large image

Old 06 June 2002   #2
kuvakudos

Great artwork,

There´s nothing really i could criticize here, everything to my tyred bloody eyes seems right in place...

But i wonder about ur references, for this and for other similar(kinda arquitectural) works of u...

Do u "copy" a real place somewhere, that u photograph...

Is that a mix of real references and some imaginative tweaks...

Or totally imaginative places with some small real references...

???

//angel

Old 06 June 2002   #3
I think that you are "The Ripper" in disguise Do you guys hang out or work together. That style of lighting is identical...to the tee. Which means it is damn good. I wish I had a some really good crits for you..but Im not a nit picker like some of these guys here. Im sure they will do that for me. You can never go wrong with adding some more scratches on your spec maps....and also maybe more grease around certain areas. There are alot of moving parts in an alevator and they usually need to be hella greased. Maybe make the actual cables look like they are wound with some metal. Some cables are wound for extra reinforcement. Also make it look like it has been serviced or something ...add some finger prints or other signs that people have been in that area. Just suggestions....file it or toss it Looks awesome man...maybe someday you guys will write a tutorial on how to get that type of realistic lighing.....yeah, yeah, yeah "Observation is the only thing I do"...that's what they all say

Old 06 June 2002   #4
very pretty!

a good management of the lights and a good environment!

quite detailed! superb!

I am admiring!

Click here to visit website
(under construction now)

Old 06 June 2002   #5
Mmmm yeah, that thing just looks good from every angle.

Only thing I could pick out is, the girder(?) above the H on the left doesn't seem like it should be shiny or reflective..if that's something else, nevermind, it just kind of read as wrong in this pic.

Really want to see that mother animate now..can only imagine what that would look like with the light and shadows shifting, etc.

rock on

P.S. When did you guys do the parking garage? That's looking pretty swift as well.

Old 06 June 2002   #6
Really great,impressive,.........5 stars no doubt.
Artquantic.com kick ass

Old 06 June 2002   #7
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC
Really excelent texturing, lighting. The modeling of the car is impressive as well!
The picture showing the corridor with the shelves is too sharp IMHO, Iwould try to give it some DOF. Anyway, much bettter than everything I have been able to come up with...
I had a plugin- error in the movie- section of your webpage, any hints, what might have caused that?
CU
Elmar

Old 06 June 2002   #8
wow very very nice lighting and rendering...

and the others images on your web site is excellent !!!!

Old 06 June 2002   #9
Thanks for your comments ,

--> Sorry to disappoint you, but "The Ripper" and " The Black Tulip " are 2 differents persons.

Were're soon going to update our site 'www.artquantic.com' and we'll clear up few points:

-Who we are.
-Where were are based.
-What are our projects.

- I know the "elevator" isn't a creative work but It's to improve my skills. I think it's important for my next work.

- When you want play guitar, how to draw or take photos , you must first learn the technics.

- That's exactly what I do .

Old 06 June 2002   #10
very kewl, love the lighting and texturing. lets see some more angles?!!!

Spirit2029

Old 06 June 2002   #11

Will you publish it as wallpaper 1280x1024? plz! Just to take time to watch it deeply...
::.

Old 06 June 2002   #12
Holy Quality.

1600x1200 plz! Wallpapers would be nice.

edit: After reviewing the rest of your work, it'd be premature to say "Why aren't you working for a professional CG house?" Because you most likely already do. If not, you're either on a boat somewhere, or are a fool, because you can seriously be making a load of cash right now man! Props.

Old 06 June 2002   #13
Amazing attention to detail, I wouldn't be able to point out if it were real or a picture. Your website is impressive as well, hope to see more soon

Could we get a wireframe shot if it wasn't too much trouble? I'm sure it would look insane...

Old 06 June 2002   #14
it reminds me of the work buf compagnie did on fight club and panic room. it would be cool to see you do some impossible moving camera shots like the ones in those films. f'sheezy.

Old 06 June 2002   #15
some practical advice - don't change a thing. Purebrilliant that is.

Thread Closed share thread