Old WC, Juan Siquier (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2011
I just love everything about this piece. Mostly because you didn't have to make 25 different map types, just the basic 3: color, bump, and spec...done. This is why the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle needs to be tattooed to some people's foreheads. Did you paint all the maps by hand or are they also made up of some photographic reference. For me, it's the texturing that makes this pop. I'm still trying to figure out how to flush though!

07 July 2011
5 stars! Love the textures

07 July 2011
Smile

Wow! So perfect I can smell it!

07 July 2011
great work

Quote: I just love everything about this piece. Mostly because you didn't have to make 25 different map types, just the basic 3: color, bump, and spec...done. This is why the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle needs to be tattooed to some people's foreheads. Did you paint all the maps by hand or are they also made up of some photographic reference. For me, it's the texturing that makes this pop. I'm still trying to figure out how to flush though!

so true

07 July 2011
Quote: I just love everything about this piece. Mostly because you didn't have to make 25 different map types, just the basic 3: color, bump, and spec...done. This is why the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle needs to be tattooed to some people's foreheads. Did you paint all the maps by hand or are they also made up of some photographic reference. For me, it's the texturing that makes this pop. I'm still trying to figure out how to flush though!

Thanks!!
I think my texturing skills come from my experience in several films as surfacing supervisor, over these years I have learned to contain the urge to fill everything with loads of details and dirt. Most people believe that the quantity produces quality, is like the guitar solos, some people think that if you play faster is better but I think it's the opposite.

07 July 2011
Sabias palabras Juan! Absolutely fantastic image. I'm speechless... everything rocks, from the subject to the simplicity of the approach to get such stunning render. Bravo!

07 July 2011
AnimAitor: Tio... tu nickName es la leche!! me he estado descojonando un buen rato, gracias XDD

07 July 2011
Stunning artwork. I like everything, but one thing bothering me in this image - totally white space by the window. It gives a little of cg feeling. I guess that some background, overbrightened environment will improve image. It can be overall white, but some details should be present.

07 July 2011
Excellent Render. I love the lighting

07 July 2011
Usually i dont like dirty toilets but your is an exception .....really nice there with textures.

07 July 2011
Tremendo siquier

A very great work!!
Regards

08 August 2011
Smile Wow!

thats really gr8,
i just loved the lighting part....
modeling and texturing is undoubtedly good...

08 August 2011
Simply stunning work. The texturing is second to none! Brilliant, just brilliant!

Best Regards,
Matt.

09 September 2011
So how do you flush that toilet ? :P

09 September 2011
I used to do in this way:

Thread Closed share thread