The Piano, Barbara Witkowska (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2011
Brilliant work, very impressive.

05 May 2011
做这个有啥意义呢?

做这个有啥意义呢?用软件去模拟自然表现真实的东西还不如去拍张照片来的快,废了老大的劲 搞这么一坨无聊的图!

唉。shit

05 May 2011
Congrats!! Excellent in every way. Modeling, lights, shaders... very good work.

Also gives a peaceful mood,....and makes me want to play that piano...

Great instrument, by the way, i think the best of all.
http://www.digital-hues.com

05 May 2011
Thank you for all the comments! As I've promised, here you can see hi-res versions of images:

And here you can find other close ups:
http://www.evermotion.org/portfolio...ano/741272/4265

SebastianJW - thank you, I had great fun sculpting these pieces in ZBrush

rabieart - thanks

Romanthony - wow, fantastic interpretation!

ebasta - thanks, I'm really proud that my image has been taken here to this section

PixelGrade - thanks, they say that lightning and composition plays the biggest role in the final effect

Neb - thank you, really great to hear it from you

lechu - Hi, Lechu! Thanks a lot

coolturens, Giiyom - thanks, it was a lesson in patience to sculpt all these ornaments

johnnyh66 - haha, indeed it took me a while to model this scene U think it would be better to warm it up a bit? In my opinion this is rather drawback of the reference photo that it's so warm. There is incorrect white balance on the photo, isn't it? But maybe, in the other hand, I made my image too cool.. I bet it depends on screen. As to detail in the curtains..I had to choose what to show: cloth or flood of light. Sometimes it's better to leave things imprecise.. Finally I must agree on piano reflections: could be more varied. Anyway, thanks a lot for constructive criticism and nice invitation

lithningblue - thank you, gold material is quite simple:

For sculptures shaders I also added extra maps to bump slot (usually normal maps) and to refl. glossiness slot (a mix of above-showed map and cavity map prepared in ZBrush)

alexichabane - thanks! that's what I wanted to achieve

seNse-3d, artursamenezes, javiermolina - thanks

ykmn - thank you, I put some effort to make the floor looks believable

Bubbaloo - it's an illusion. Chairs back supports surely are NOT floating above the seat cushions. First they go through cushions before they connect with chairs legs construction. But you are absolutely right, they may look so. I should have added some AO map there.

Highelf - Thank you

cserbuj - Thank you very much, nice to read such words. It's the best award to me. Btw, I love the piano too

05 May 2011
WOW! I am a big fan of evermotion, it's even more impressive to be granted a closer look in the artist's work. This scene is just perfect, 100% realistic and even more beautiful than reality.

05 May 2011
Looks realy nice... but i was wondering..
why can i see trough the piano when i look at it closely?

05 May 2011
Very, very nice! Lighting looks awesome! Compostition pretty nice!

05 May 2011
Thumbs up

This is the type of work I really want to pursue in 3D. I have a question, could you get such a perfect render in Mental Ray? I try and try, but my renders still look cartoonish, and yours is REAL. I want V-Ray SO BAD but can't afford it. Absolutely gorgeous!

05 May 2011
awesome rendering insane detail cant imagine how long it much have taken to model all that.

05 May 2011
great job you did! very nice!
I saw all renders and the real photo too.

In fact, It's my greatest wish in 3D to win a cgs award and become a cg choise gallery member! I am focusing on a scene and I am tring so hard to reach this. And in this way, I deeply need help of masters like you!

thank you very much.

05 May 2011
Nice details here. The chandeliers are really successfull !

05 May 2011
Thumbs up

One of the best I've seen in a while, or maybe ever; great job man! The work is totally awesome!

05 May 2011
Wow, its really good. Just wondering how long it took you to do all of that, aprox (all together - model, textures, post work etc.)
Would love to give give criticism but its definitely beyond my skill level.

05 May 2011
Wow, breath taking!

Thread Closed share thread