Mama, Antropus (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2003
Elite caricature work.one of the best overall characters anywhere.I in fact like the chair and it's vibrant somewhat tacky appearance.It goes for a character such as this.The texture work is excellent,oh sooo many wrinkles.

My only crit would be the mirrored vein textures on her little Ol' legs.......They look great for old veins that is,but it would be nice to see a more diverse vein pattern for each leg.

Still all in all elite work caricature wise,love this ol' gal.Great work.

10 October 2003
great textures. Very inspiring!

10 October 2003
She looks really awesome, the textures really rock, i do agree however with the post on the first page about the color of the chair and clothes being too saturated. It makes them come off of the bg too much. but an overall great job!!

10 October 2003
very excellent,face, lighting, humour

10 October 2003
Oh that's funny!!!

I agree that the shirt looks like it was custom made with boobie pockets...the shirt does need wrinkles in it.

Also, my grandma has a really hairy chin and has hair coming out of her ears, so Maybe you might wanna add that to your old lady...

really great charcter design!!!

My 2 cents,
Fatty

10 October 2003
Yeah... her legs are duplicated... a shame! hehehe... well, I'll work on this detail before of the movie conclusion (if needs...)

Here some wires... sorry about resolution

More images are coming... wait a minute please

10 October 2003
nice and different.

my critism beyond that would be

a) the lack of shadows, ok there wouldnt probably be any hard egded shadows in that enviroment but there would be some darkness tighter to geometry close to other geometry, like the breasts for example...i think you've been picked up on this already, so i guess you know what i mean. She seems to be lacking depth compared to the chair, i dont know if its the pose or the lighting/shadow, but 1/2 of her looks like shes sitting back in the chair yet her midrif seems to look like shes sitting on the edge.

b) the face, background and some of the textures look very highly finished and work together well, however some of the clothes seem to down a level from that, they look a little "gamey" in comparison to the rest of the scene. If they were given the same nth degree as the face it would help i think.

c)Perhaps the clothing isnt picking up the backlighting visible on the chair and her face as much, this combined with the shadow seems to be seperating her clothes as well from the rest of the image a little.

any thoughs about animation, i reckon you could get something really creepy and sick out of the scene quite easily...

10 October 2003
Owesome work !! really inspired!!!When will you finished the film??? Can't wait to see it!!

10 October 2003
Yes Antropus give them that diversity.When I mentioned it earlier I just thought that with work such as this in top notch form you really should go that extra mile and give this ol' gal diversity to her veins in her legs.You have given such great detail already,just keep her perfect by resahping those veins patterns a bit.Anyways with your texture ability it will be a snap.

I am looking forward to your animation very much.hope to see it soon.

10 October 2003
Hello Antropus!!! Great work

Im from Brazil too. But I live in the cold south.

I think her boobies look so sexy!!!

She looks like the grandma in the Nutty Professor. LoL.

10 October 2003
Beautiful work. Lots of good details. The garish colors of the furniture etc are perfect, for this reason: When people get old, and their eyes go bad, they like the bright colors,...because they can see them. Think about it,...if you had but one good taste bud, you would probably want to eat the most flavorful thing you could get your hands on. Nice work.<<edit>>hehe just noticed the chipped nail polish. nice touch!

10 October 2003
Thank you very much for your posts guys!

Modron, very good point my friend. I agree!

Luke, valeu meu camarada!

Some wires (sorry about resolution... just to fit in 20kb)

10 October 2003

10 October 2003

10 October 2003
Antropus... THE MASTER OF OLD PEOPLES

Thread Closed share thread