Mama, Antropus (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2003
hey dude!!!

I remember this in the wip days, awesome stuff... think it looks great and the over-saturated effect works well, think its anothger desktop, thanks!

cuse

10 October 2003
Thanx for the inspiration. I'm modelling my own old geezer now, and mainly because I saw some of your wip's earlier.

Oh, and rad tuts on your homepage. Keep it up!

10 October 2003
YUK!!! No wonder old married men die first! Terrible honesty aside, I can't suggest any improvements - this image is just awesome!

10 October 2003
Firstly, many thanks for the plug. I love it!

Wow! Soooo many posts. Thanks a lot guys.

I'm at work, but I'll post some closes for you today, showing wires, a lot of details like wrinkles, varicoses and other ugly stuff, hehehe

cya

10 October 2003
i love it.. really cool work
however, one little thing i think would suite this scene better is having it alot less saturated..
i modified the image a little to show u what i had in mind..

less saturated image

10 October 2003
That GREEN IS AWFUL

I'm afraid I don't have the time to go through all the posts here to see if this has already come up, but...

That green skirt looks horrible.

I think it's just the colour itself, but it's almost hard to tell -- It destroys the piece as a whole. Whatever you're reasoning for doing that... it's not doing what you think it's doing. It's making a mess.

OTHERWISE: It's a lot of fun and looks great!
My METAL BUG o1 THREAD

THE SOUL IS DYED THE COLOUR OF ITS THOUGHTS

10 October 2003
WOW! Thanks a lot for hosting my image Tito!

Opeth,
Oh yeah my friend... I made some tests with sepia tones too... I'll post today. Thanks for your work.

William b. Hand,
"That green skirt looks horrible"... I agree buddy

10 October 2003
Something a little further about that skirt...

It seems pasted on... it doesn't occupy the same space as the rest of the image. I had originally thought that it was due to the horrible green colour, but something I noticed - where are the shadows? There don't seem to be any real shadows cast from the breasts onto the skirt (even though the breasts themselves are heavily shadowed), and no shadows cast by the skirt onto the slip or chair.

THAT's the big problem, I think.
My METAL BUG o1 THREAD

10 October 2003
>>>There don't seem to be any real shadows cast from the breasts onto the skirt (even though the breasts themselves are heavily shadowed), and no shadows cast by the skirt onto the slip or chair.

Yeah.. you are right about that .. I dunno how big of a problem it is.. I mean they character is not exactly about total realism... but I think once things are animatedit would help.

10 October 2003
Yeah guys! You are right! The scene with just old lady and armchair looks good, but because of my dome light (shadow maps with 256px resolution), if I render with some elements (like the background ones) shadows becomes very diffuse. I'll re-render in layers with no background elements to try fix it. Thanks a lot

10 October 2003

wow.. this is the first time when too much detail turned me off... jus me tho... *coughs...*

10 October 2003
Eww, that's the ugliest old lady i've ever seen.

Great work though.

10 October 2003
styleCrit

Great image. I think she would look good with really saturated lipstick, similar to her nail polish. That is something I always notice with old women. Excessive perfume and heavy lipstick.

-Jeremy

10 October 2003
Mmm... I noticed something else:

I love the vericose veins, and age spots...(don't we all?)... But, you have them identically mirrored on each leg! NO NO NO -- Baaad! Break it up a bit. Asymmetry is the key! You were good on the face about this.
My METAL BUG o1 THREAD

10 October 2003
Thumbs down good work

excellent work

but some pointers from me, the very very old lady seems to sit up straight and erect, defying her physical state. and also i feel u has style consistency issues. the lady seems to be a stylised human, while the table and clock, seems to be from the real world. and the color on the couch she is sitting is too harsh.

but great work none the less. how did u do the veins on her legs.

Thread Closed share thread