Ooh la la!, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2010   #31
of course ... well deserved

Old 09 September 2010   #32
Thumbs up Beautiful

Very realistic lighting.Great character modeling.Well rendered .
Congratz

My Blog
SANS Entertainment

Old 09 September 2010   #33
I just had to post so I could be a part of this amazing work. Abosolutely AMAZING!

Old 09 September 2010   #34
Thumbs up

Awesome!!! I'm falling in love with France again!

Best regards,
Tony

Old 09 September 2010   #35
where's the swiss cheese? why isnt there one? lol..its the only thing i can complain about on this one. she looks awesome.

Old 09 September 2010   #36
Amazing work. Love the look/atmosphere and her expression the most.

Cheers

Old 09 September 2010   #37
beautiful lighting and really beautiful girl. i got the hots for her.

congrats again Andrew for another fine piecE!

Old 09 September 2010   #38
just fantastik! i love this style. good work my friend

Old 09 September 2010   #39
from all your pinup.. this one is the one i like the most :-)

Old 09 September 2010   #40
Great!

Old 09 September 2010   #41
This image has a certain Je ne sais quoi about it. Very well done. Great face and figure. magnifique!

Old 09 September 2010   #42
very nice!

Great work Andy! Another hottie.

Old 09 September 2010   #43
ow man good girl ! congratulations

5 stars

Old 09 September 2010   #44
This is my fave ever. I love how simple everything feels (but I know inside it is not . I'm very surprised one of the stylistic American film companies haven't nabbed you as of yet....but maybe that's not what you want. Nevertheless, awesome work.

Old 09 September 2010   #45
Whoa! Thanks a bunch for all your comments, and especially for the front page!

Leigh - glad you used those terms to describe her expression - that is what i was aiming for. A chic, snooty French madame!

Serge - Desperados' all round! Cheers for inspiring me with your lovely pinups and incessant productivity!

Per Anders - Glad you like the bottle. I didnt want to show the full logo, as i wanted to imply the name, rather than give it away! Hope it wont be a copyright issue though.

Pussycat - i was going to add a shopping bag with the tricolour on and add a baguette, a model of the eiffel tower and some onions inside to balance out the bottom right side of the composition. I added that foreground table instead though as it is much simpler and easier to read. The round shape of the FG table echoes the one she is sitting at too.

PrayingMantis - Hahaha - glad you like it. I was kind of worried about French folks taking offence to its rampant cliches! I would find it quite funny if someone did a british one of a man in a suit and bowler hat, drinking tea by big ben etc....

Malanjo - The vast majority of it was 3d. The only things i did in photoshop were adding the faint scuffs on the bistrot, her lip specular and some bloom/ colour correction. I was going to make the background and foreground out of focus and add some vignetting, but it looked wierd. I prefered it nice, sharp and clear.

Popol - Hahaha - i guess i should have made the cheese really moldy and smelly :-D

Dennis - There probably is a wee bit too much bloom on the table. I did a photoshop layer where the image was made greyscale, then made super contrasty and blurry. The end result was screened on to the comp slightly to make the largest, whitest areas bloom a bit. I wanted to make it look super sunny.

Nemo 1975 - glad you like those aspects of it. The only altered thing on the face was the lip specular hilight. My Vray knowledge wasnt advanced enough to get point specular hilights like that, so i photoshopped it on. I was going to add an ashtray, but i felt that there were already too many elements on the table to take in.

Fudge packer - glad you like the composition. I tried to make it work, but i feel that it could still be improved and simplified - especially around the feet. Guess ive been looking at it for too long!

Evolucian - swiss cheese takes longer to model! I was very lazy with the non-character stuff on this pic...

FabioMsilva - thanks, that means a lot to me, as the lighting was one of the trickier things to get right. Rather than my usual multi-light scanline fakery, i just used ONE light for everything! It was the Vray sky light, so i guess it just behaves like real outdoor lighting.

Xtrm3d - Cheers. I actually prefer Debbie (my previous pic - check it out) and trixie, myself!

Mr Positive - Aw, thanks! I would certainly like to do some higher profile work, but with great responsibility, comes great problems and stress (as spiderman sort of said!). Ill gradually work my way towards my goal (whatever it is!)

Thanks again for all the comments. If im to submit this for the new Exotique book (as well as other potential print oppurtunities), do you folks think that the distinctive bottle shape, label shape and font of the 'derriere' bottle are too similar to Perrier? Would this cause copyright issues?

Thread Closed share thread