Kumu, Art Museum of Estonia, Viktor FretyŠn (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2010   #31
Amazing work man! 5 stars for sure

Old 04 April 2010   #32
Fantastic Work

Mind blowing! I really like the lighting and the mood you've set for the scenes.

Old 04 April 2010   #33
Originally Posted by Radicjoe: thanks guys. the snow is fully rendered! i took a screenshot in top view and made a large texture i applied simply using a planar uwv map. the material is a hard wax type translucent material.

??? the snow has ski marks & stuff! it is on the top of your architecture & on the forest ground. how did you make the ski marks?, afterwards?...never heard about someone using a hard wax mat then making a texture & appllied using a uwv map.... ????!!

I'd certainly give my rigth hand to know how you modelled the snow...realy.

Longing to see your answer. if positive I would suggest you to make a turorial, I would even pay for it.

Old 04 April 2010   #34
Phenomenal work. Congratulations.

b

Old 04 April 2010   #35
Originally Posted by EricSosa: ??? the snow has ski marks & stuff! it is on the top of your architecture & on the forest ground. how did you make the ski marks?, afterwards?...never heard about someone using a hard wax mat then making a texture & appllied using a uwv map.... ????!!

I'd certainly give my rigth hand to know how you modelled the snow...realy.

Longing to see your answer. if positive I would suggest you to make a turorial, I would even pay for it.

well ur in luck! a tutorial of this will be featured in an upcoming 3dworld magazine.

Old 04 April 2010   #36
hey m8, how are you, jonnybravo from maxforums here, we're missing you over there )

Let me tell you, seeing your work in the cgchoice gallery made my heart smile, your work is simply spectacular and i think you're one of the best out there. If it were up to me, all of your projects would have been in the cgchoice gallery and on the frontpage because they fully deserve it. Your an inspiration, seeing your work makes me push harder on my projects. Flawless jawdroping work, words cannot describe it. Much like EricSosa said, you shold start a series of tutorials, i'd be willing to pay an arm and a leg just to get some insight in to your workflow. Once again, great work, just....spectacular. If i could i'd spend a whole day just rating this thread non stop with 5 stars. Great job m8, great job... Rock on

Old 04 April 2010   #37
WOW. These are probably the best ArchViz renders I've ever seen. Amazing lighting and outside environment. They really come to life.

Old 04 April 2010   #38
Being an estonian myself and having been to KUMU quite a lot of times, i must say that before seeing the unshaded renders i was looking really hard to find proof this was actually 3D. Honestly, one of my favourite arch viz images/compositions out there.

The building and its peculiar design has spawned quite a lot of controversy among estonias. They should just see your renders to truly appreciate the beauty of the structure and take note that it is the subject of such an amazing 3d project. So, kudos.

My Blog

Old 04 April 2010   #39
Amazing!

i can't believe 3D can do like that...
it's best touch i ever seen

Old 04 April 2010   #40
thank you guys!

hey jonnybravo! yea good old maxforums! been a long time indeed since ive been there. i really apriciate ur words friend!

mihkeltt:

u dont say! tallinnians werent satisfied with this building? thats impossible! i honestly say it is the most amazing building i have ever seen and i whish we had one like this here at budapest. u should be so proud!

Old 04 April 2010   #41
well done. hard to belive its 3d.

Old 04 April 2010   #42
Fantastic lighting n rendering! very Impressive work 5 *****

Old 04 April 2010   #43
Thumbs up

Finally you got cg choice award... you deserve it since a long time!!
congratulation man

Old 04 April 2010   #44
very nice work. No crits from me.

Old 04 April 2010   #45
This is truly amazing work. I really enjoy watching all those details.

Thread Closed share thread