Banker, Iker Cortázar (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2009   #61
Brilliant CG and spot on social comment.
Please give us more close up pictures on things around the character ( of details)

Als

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

Old 12 December 2009   #62
Hi! Thank you very much for the new comments guys!!

First of all, here there are the screen captures with the lights. pedroconti I hope you can see there where the lights are placed.

The image 1 shows the main light (which emits photons)
The image 2 shows some secondary lights illuminating the character, the table and the chair.
And the images 3a and 3b show the rest of the lights that I put on the scene to retouch some areas of the scene. Some of them are emitting only specular. And the most of them are connected only to a few objects.

mechaniac: The leather structure with buttons was one of the options, but at last I decided to put the red one. Thanks for the critic!

Wualforvalle: The columns are not exactly the same, but they are very similar, you are right. Thanks for the critic you too!

Als: Well, I will try to compile some details or close-ups to post them.

I would want to say again thank you to ALL of you for view the image, and for your comments and critics.

Muchas gracias a todos y un saludo.

Old 12 December 2009   #63
Good stuff. I like the old phone model and calculator. I get the feeling he knows that I know he's a greedy menace, and he enjoys that thought.

Old 12 December 2009   #64
Thumbs up

yeahh , he reminds me the universe of blacksad ^^
great work and congrat !

Old 12 December 2009   #65
very impressive work!
well done!

Old 12 December 2009   #66
This is just fantastic. Shaders are excellent! I think the only thing I'd add is a golden parachute somewhere in the scene or on his back even, to indicate that the "Titanic is sinking" and he's READY.

Old 12 December 2009   #67
First of all: A really lovely scene.
A lot of things works really, really well!

If I should suggest something, that I think would improve a bit, it would be to lower the general lighting, and let the lamp be the major light source.
I know it feels kinda lame, since you added so much detail into the background, and of couse you want to show all of that, which I perfectly understand, but I think it can still be shown, or at least felt, with a lot less light.

And as the lamp as light source, it would add harder shadows and less bounce, which will add to the feeling of the image, of him being the bad guy.

As for the character, I think you could improve somewhat, but hey - this is nitpicking - I don't REALLY feel he is looking dead on at me. It's close though, but a very slight adjustment would do the trick.
Also, it's not super clear he is smiling, I can see it, but it could still be exaggerated I guess.

Anyways, I'm giving you a hard time here, it looks really really great!

Cheers

Old 12 December 2009   #68
well now that you remind of the light doffer, this type of lighting is what you get (in real life) when you point the light at the ceiling.

Darker... hmm idk, you could compare them, but i really like this one :P

MY WORK AT behance
www.behance.net/waldowalle

Old 12 December 2009   #69
Fantastic character and love your style for the scene!

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末
My latest 3D work:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=832887

Surreal entry:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=132&t=761284

Old 12 December 2009   #70
Fantastic! like always!

Old 12 December 2009   #71
Great attention to detail. Very nice work.

Old 12 December 2009   #72
Fantastic. I love the environment and all the work you put into making his office so stereotypical, with all the plaques and awards and certificates and then all his desk items. He has the perfect expression with that big friendly smile and that staring-down-his-nose at you posture that combine to make such a neat image.

Please visit my site, check out my compositing book, or my video training course on Blender from Lynda.

Old 12 December 2009   #73
thank you very much man....i really enjoyed your explanation
FANTASTIC

Originally Posted by ICB: Hi! Thank you very much for the new comments guys!!

First of all, here there are the screen captures with the lights. pedroconti I hope you can see there where the lights are placed.

The image 1 shows the main light (which emits photons)
The image 2 shows some secondary lights illuminating the character, the table and the chair.
And the images 3a and 3b show the rest of the lights that I put on the scene to retouch some areas of the scene. Some of them are emitting only specular. And the most of them are connected only to a few objects.

mechaniac: The leather structure with buttons was one of the options, but at last I decided to put the red one. Thanks for the critic!

Wualforvalle: The columns are not exactly the same, but they are very similar, you are right. Thanks for the critic you too!

Als: Well, I will try to compile some details or close-ups to post them.

I would want to say again thank you to ALL of you for view the image, and for your comments and critics.

Muchas gracias a todos y un saludo.

Old 12 December 2009   #74
Awesome work! Love these kind of stylized characters.

Is this Scruge McDuck?

Lots of lights!

Old 12 December 2009   #75
Originally Posted by murdock64: Perfect portrait of a businessman, a vulture with a smile on its face. Congratulations

hmm, I think you mean lawyer or politician.

opps, almost forgot, love the artwork

Thread Closed share thread