Sakura, Stefan Morrell (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2009
Fantastic work as always and very inspiring. The towering 'blocked' cities seems to be a recurring theme in your work. Do you use bits and bobs from old scenes or rebuild everytime? And do you use any sort of script to create the city blocks?

Beautiful colours and atmosphere, well done!

11 November 2009
Awesome!How many polygons in the scene bro??
Congratz,10 stars OMG =)

11 November 2009
oh lookie!!....another image for my inspirational folder....as said before, yourStuff always kicksA$$....thx!!

ltr~

- .....the most important things in life are always theones without form..... -

11 November 2009
beautiful render

11 November 2009
Superb! The pallet reminds me of the Japanese background art done in watercolors or gouache.

11 November 2009
Fantastic, I love the mood.

11 November 2009
Amazing!

How do you get that style? is it all in the texture or render settings? Also could you post a sample of the textures used?

Great piece! Wallpapered

11 November 2009
Beautiful image Stephan, the colors and soft lighting give this a very asian feel. Nice!

11 November 2009
Yep, this is a great piece of work I love the materials and shading. I also am impressed with the architecture as it has an anime touch to it which gives it a superb direction. I also agree with Leigh on the atmospheric changes and the loss of detail and contrast, they just have about the right mix here.

However, and this is most probably nit-picking, but I must say that after being impressed the first thing I noticed was the wrong atmospheric conditions. The transmittance is correct but the coloring of the aerial perspective seems wrong to me. In the front the blueish tint is already quite prominent but to the back it becomes white again. However the back should instead become even bluisher instead of getting white again. The atmospheric particles won´t change their scattering properties even on a very hazy day unless the viewer looks elsewhere. If the front was white it would also get whiter in the distance.

It definetly doesn´t change the impressiveness of the image and artistically I think that´s absolutely fine and most probably even fits the scenario much better but I couldn´t resist mentioning what bugs me.

11 November 2009
I don't see any pixels or polys here - just 100% pure awesome! I want to live in all your scenes, no matter how squalid they seems. Great work!

11 November 2009
Very neat

Regards

11 November 2009
This has more atmospheric feeling that boring real life atmospherics. I like all on this piece, the composition, the subject, the cold/warm feeling aspect....but the mood, the atmosphere is the big deal in this image i think. You make nothing but good choices in all the aspect of 3d making...a lot to learn from you. 5*. I hope than in a future you´ll post another tutorial/s.

Cheers!!

11 November 2009
i hate ivy but everything else is stunning as always

11 November 2009
... What can I say.

Bravo!

Thread Closed share thread