-The Chesterfield Project-, Benjamin Brosdau (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2009
This has to be one of the coolest things I have seen on Cgtalk in a while.
The level of realism is simply insane.
Every aspect of the image is top notch.

Congrats!.

JK.

08 August 2009
Absolutely awesome work. The only thing that stands out with this as with most other CG work is the lack of dirt, dust, debris, etc. Its gorgeous, but too clean.

08 August 2009
Awesome work, I just don't understand why you put a photo of a topless chick on the table, facing the camera.

08 August 2009

I think this is the best piece to come through the choice award gallery for a long time. Possibly the best ever. Amazing. Congratulations.

08 August 2009
this has got to be one of the best interior scenes i have seen in a long time. I love the detail. Utterly amazing masterpiece.

08 August 2009
Overall, quite nicely done. However, I have to disagree with most of the "absolutely most photoreal ever" - statements. There is quite a few things that give this away as a 3d render, even if we don't count the lack of dirt.
The paneling on the wall behind the sofa and the table is the weakest element in the picture for me. Very unnatural.
The left side painting has a light hitting the canvas that's inconsistent with the rest of the picture. This is because it was lit that way when photographed. But it makes the painting look like a texture.
The armrest of the sofa looks more like plastic or rubber air balloon that's carefully painted to resemble leather than actual leather. Overall the sofa is looking quite cg-ish for the same reason. I would perhaps try some bump / specularity mapping trickery to make it look more "dense" and "thick" as a material.
Most of the books have too thin covers to be real.

As I said from the start; overall this is quite nicely done. And with a far superior skills I have or will ever. But don't shoot me yet. Check for yourself, and see if I have a point.

This is not to put this piece down. It is a well crafted scene. But I try to deliver some constructive chriticism because I thought I have something to offer here.

I think that with some more attention to texturing all my points can be remedied. No need to, but if the maker of this wishes to do so.

08 August 2009
Stunning! wow this is the most realistic architectural render that i've ever seen! the detail on the glass! damn! congratulations! very inspiring

08 August 2009
Congrats on the front page Benjamin - well deserved, it's an excellent piece!

b

08 August 2009
Freaking amazing glasswork, absolutely love the close up renders.

One thing that stood out for me was the lighting from the lamps. There doesn't seem to be enough light illuminating the inside of the lamp shades to match the intensity of the glow that is showing through the shade. Also there doesn't seem to be any light spilling from the glow or from under the shade onto the couch, I think a soft rim light on the section of the couch close to the back lamp and a soft glow on the other side from the front lamp would really help the look of the piece....in my opinion.

08 August 2009
Wow...

Beautiful Texturing Mate!

Especially on the Glass work ! That lamp on the left is just... Arghhh!

I especially adore the close ups... Stunning!

Bravo!

08 August 2009
These are some of the most impressive renderings I've ever seen
150 Stars from me

Daniel

08 August 2009
very awesome

08 August 2009
Super, Awesome...

Great detail man.. keep it up

08 August 2009
Really nice work. The leather material is great.

08 August 2009
This is really beautiful! Good job Beni!

Thread Closed share thread