Bisley's Warrior Princess, Joew (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2003   #31
Quote: Originally posted by JeT
whats holding up those nipple 'protectors?

nice work man

crits, either her breasts and her hips are too big or her stomach is too small. increase stomach circumference for more realistic image.

Bugger realism! This has style. Something often lacking in 3D art, imho.

Quote: the metal doesnt look very metally, on the sword and armpads especially, the skin could use a once over as well, add some paleness to that perfect tan :P

true beauty is in the imperfection.

Yes... but... look at what she's wearing... seems like a perfect tan would be rather easy for her to achieve. Personally I think the skin tone is almost perfect. It looks "warm," which adds a dimension of realism to it that may not be photorealistic, but is nevertheless inviting.

Old 06 June 2003   #32
wow... realy nice work... Im not really crazy about the pose you should try to go back to the original one that bisley did (see attached pict) ... but still... that's a great model, thx for sharing!!

Old 06 June 2003   #33
holy s***
man great work
I'm loving that girl

Old 06 June 2003   #34
wow Beautifull work! I love it

lovely body

Old 06 June 2003   #35
O My Gosh!

Joe, that looks friggin great!
How's the model perform in hash? Does it bog it down when moving her around in shaded mode?
How about those joints? Smartskin or orther?
Either way, excellent work
Mike Fitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 3D ArtZ Joint Tutorial CD
Joint Set-up and character rigging techniques for
Animation:Master

Old 06 June 2003   #36
Nice work. I think the face needs to be pushed a step away from realistic such as the body exhibits so that it matches the body style better.

Old 06 June 2003   #37
Hi, JoeW. Very interesting work here.

Old 06 June 2003   #38
very nice modeling skill. yeh... it is very nice.

Old 06 June 2003   #39
Nice work but...

Those feet look really bad. Left toes... ...

Every thing else looks awesome, but work on those feet...please!!!

Old 06 June 2003   #40
For a hash render, they have come a long way!
I don't care for the sword material, that texture looks out of place becouse it seems so washed out . Kinda cartoony and it lacks depth for some reason.
I'm sure if you intend aniamtion of a still. If its a still her front foot does not appear to take on any weight of her body from that lundge . The fleshy parts should look as if weight was distrubuted onto them with a floor that hard.
But , unfortunily, you rarely see that in any CG , its a difficult thing to set up, especialy for aniamtion , you almost have to have aset of blend shapes for preasure points to trigger when you need them. If she wasn't so extended with the look of her intire mass on that front foot, it won't be so apperent.
But awsome model, I love it.

hey manutara, kick ass model haha !

Old 06 June 2003   #41
it's very very very sexy.
But I wouldn't want to make moves on her...

Old 06 June 2003   #42
Awesome work. I think the waist is fine as it is as you probably weren't looking to model a physically accurate woman. Afterall, its Bisley's style you were after.

As for the weight on the foot, you'll probably have to model a morph deformer for that as well. I guess that's the only thing I find out of place and its not even entirely your fault.

Old 06 June 2003   #43
Hey that's cool. LOL I love the last part where the director beats the crap out of the room

Old 06 June 2003   #44
That's great. The skull on the top of her head is awesome. I'de love to see that animated in a battle scene.

Old 06 June 2003   #45
Yep, Very cool. I am really impresses that you where able to make that in Animation Master. It really shows that it's not the tools but the artist that make great art. I used to work for Hash back in 95 and it's great to see them growing there feature list. I love th idea of pose sliders. It's like taking XSI's motion blender or lightwave's Endomorphs to the next level. I didn't know about the smart skin stuff though. That sounds great. You can do the same thing in Maya with 'Set Driven Key' and blend shapes but it's a bit of a hassle compared with what you described. Did you use the new version that has that new Polygon smoothing thing in the renderer? I haven't seen what it can do but I've heard about it. Sounds like one of those featured I used to bug Martin about.

-=GB=-

Thread Closed share thread